Spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can I use the stock spare tire if I get a flat ? I’m running 37s on a 6in lift .

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I wouldn’t recommend it. You could do some serious damage with a tire size discrepancy like that, especially if it was on the rear.

OP
OP
Heucobob

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That’s what I thought. Thanks

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Not sure what it would mess up, you dont have a spool so its not going to break anything.
Plus its a spare so your not going to run it for tons of miles.
Alot of vehicles out there running spacer saver spares they are way smaller then the stock.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you’d put it on the front and a 37 on the rear, if it was the rear that went flat, you’d be able to get yourself out of trouble without hurting anything. Just baby it and don’t go further than needed, it’ll work fine.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Not sure what it would mess up, you dont have a spool so its not going to break anything.
Plus its a spare so your not going to run it for tons of miles.
Alot of vehicles out there running spacer saver spares they are way smaller then the stock.
Not spares that are 5 inches different in size they’re not. Not if they’re not a fan of things going catastrophically wrong.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
So whats all going to be totally ruined ?
unless he has a full on locker or a spool that wont allow one tire to spin faster than the other I dont see a real problem here.
Is it ideal, no getting a bigger spare would be better but no reason the stock spare wont get him to a tire store for repare or replacement.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wonder if it would be enough of a difference to cause issues with the ABS, as the wheel speed sensors would be seeing a significant difference. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So whats all going to be totally ruined ?
unless he has a full on locker or a spool that wont allow one tire to spin faster than the other I dont see a real problem here.
Is it ideal, no getting a bigger spare would be better but no reason the stock spare wont get him to a tire store for repare or replacement.
True, what if he's 100 miles from a good shop. The LSD could have issues with a 33 and a 37" on the other side. Possibly.
And if he hurt his rearend, it would be on his dime to repair.
Why I opted for a bigger spare in the bed.

OP
OP
Heucobob

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I may just keep a small air compressor and a extension cord with a tire flat repair kit in the storage compartment just in case .