Speaker Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Hey guys this is the first time I've posted. I have a question about speakers. I have two Rockford Fosgate Punch 10s 500 watts rms with a punch 2 Channel 1000 watt RMS amplifier. I have 4 punch 6x9 75 Watts RMS with a punch 300 RMS 4 channel amplifier. I want to install Infinity Kappa Perfect 300M 75 watt rms in the dash with a Fosgate 150.

Now for the big question? I would really like to use the factory wiring for the speakers as I think 75 watts per speaker would not over do the factory wiring. But I run into a dilemma with the dash speakers are wired parallel with the front 6x9s. The infinities are 3.5 ohm. The p1692 Fosgate is 4 ohm. And I would actually be putting 6 75 watt RMS speakers on a four-channel Fosgate 300. do I need to replace the wiring on all the speakers and buy another two channel 150 for the Kappa's? If so what kind of mess would I be dealing with rewiring those dash speakers? Thanks for any help you can give.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d say to run new wires and have an amp channel per speaker. If you have the door and dash wired together, you won’t have any way to control the level of them separately. Odds are good that the dash speakers will overpower the doors.

This also makes it easier later on if you decide to add a processor.

OP
OP
Allan Jones

Allan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
I’d say to run new wires and have an amp channel per speaker. If you have the door and dash wired together, you won’t have any way to control the level of them separately. Odds are good that the dash speakers will overpower the doors.

This also makes it easier later on if you decide to add a processor.

How hard is it to rewire the dash speakers? Thanks for the reply...

OP
OP
Allan Jones

Allan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Screw it lol. I just orderd 4 Fosgate Punch Tweeters and another Punch 300 4 channel amp.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You can grab the front door speakers and the rear door speakers at the rear of the radio if there is no factory amp or at the kick panels and the rear B pillars. As for the dash speakers you will need to run new wires directly to them and disregard the wires that are there now. Your punch 300 four channel will run all the 6x9 speakers, your punch 150 two channel will run the dash speakers. Your going to need a good preamp parametric "recommended" or and eq so to be able to adjust all. 16 gauge speakers wire will work fine and I recommend that your run at least a 4 gauge power wire or bigger for all three amps. Its gona sound killer! Good luck!!

OP
OP
Allan Jones

Allan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
You can grab the front door speakers and the rear door speakers at the rear of the radio if there is no factory amp or at the kick panels and the rear B pillars. As for the dash speakers you will need to run new wires directly to them and disregard the wires that are there now. Your punch 300 four channel will run all the 6x9 speakers, your punch 150 two channel will run the dash speakers. Your going to need a good preamp parametric "recommended" or and eq so to be able to adjust all. 16 gauge speakers wire will work fine and I recommend that your run at least a 4 gauge power wire or bigger for all three amps. Its gona sound killer! Good luck!!

Thanks for the information it's very helpful but I have already ordered everything. I have a Sony XAV-AX100
head unit, 1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000 RMS 2 Channel, and 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 300 RMS 4 channels, 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" 500 watt RMS each DVC, 4 Punch P1692 6x9 65 watt RMS, and 4 Punch Tweeters 75 watts RMS. I hope this all goes together good LOL.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know I’m late, But I ran new wires to my infinity 300m dash speakers. Rockford P300x2 is powering them and works flawlessly.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Admittedly I’ve had my wiring done by a shop but, from everything I’ve read here, the dash is much easier than the doors.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To be honest, I re-wires my 3.5” speakers when I installed the center dash speaker. So I can’t say if you have to remove the dash or not. But I do know removing the dash is a nightmare.
There was like 500 screws and bolts holding it on, not to mention disconnecting and removing the airbag.

I think you can just remove your radio, drop the speaker wire down the hole, and pull it over with a coat hanger.

D677DCA6-7887-4965-849E-7923263A5602.jpeg

OP
OP
Allan Jones

Allan Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
To be honest, I re-wires my 3.5” speakers when I installed the center dash speaker. So I can’t say if you have to remove the dash or not. But I do know removing the dash is a nightmare.
There was like 500 screws and bolts holding it on, not to mention disconnecting and removing the airbag.

I think you can just remove your radio, drop the speaker wire down the hole, and pull it over with a coat hanger.

View attachment 142013

Thanks I will try that.