Speaker Swap - Kept Stock Head Unit in 2021 Ram 1500 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rufus66

Reaction score
I recently upgraded the stock factory speakers (dash, and front and rear doors) and I must say that was a notable improvement. I installed Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5" 75W Reference Series Coaxial Car Speakers for the dash, and for the doors Infinity Reference REF-9632ix Reference Series 6"x9" 2-way car speakers. I purchased the factory wiring harnesses for these also. These speakers are amazing and no regrets. I am able to enjoy the music from the stock 8" head unit. I am thinking about an AMP and would like to keep my factory head unit. I want to do this myself. Any thoughts on what I would need?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Good choice on the Infinitys. To add an Amp to factory head unit you will need a line level input. This converts the full range output of the speakers to an RCA hookup.

WVengineer_n_Pa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i used the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 to connect up amps. It's pretty straight forward signal processor and gives you a bunch of adjustments you can make through your phone/pad. This unit also allows you to retain the stock canbus signals, re-use the stock factory wiring, and supplies a remote wire. I did have to buy a 9-conductor cable to get stock wiring to amps in back. I used the infiniti setup in mine as well, the 3032 3.5's in dash with own seperate line from the door speaker, the ref primus 6510 for the front (LOVE these, mounted the tweeters in the mirror flags, flags are like $13 bucks each), ref-9633 6x9's (not so much), and 2 ref-1000s subs(not sure on these, need to work more on boxes). These are powered by 2 ref-3004's, and one little old amp for the dash speakers for now. I do recommend getting the meastro cable as well as it really simplifies things.

20' Ram 1500 classic Warlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank