Spindles and 305/45/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yelkrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Ok guys I'm new to the forum and to lowering trucks. I've alway lifted this will be my first to drop. I've got a 2015 Ram Crew Ecodeisel less than a week old. I want to run a McGaughys 2/4 with spindles and 305/45/22 Nitto 420 on SRT10 wheels. I've got 3.92s and I do drive off road also so I want to keep the taller tire. I know guys are running front springs with the 45s and no or minor rubbing at full lock. Its also my understanding the spindles push the track out slightly. So my question is will I have issues with tires rubbing the fenders?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I'd be a little worried about scrubbing on the inner fenders with the offset of the SRT10s, but at the same time it's a very popular tire size on the SRT10s.

OP
OP
Y

Yelkrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
That's what I was afraid of. I may have to go with the front springs instead of spindles just wanted the better ride and no alignment issues. I was hopping someone may have ran this set up before and would chime in.

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Careful with running this kit, destroys your CV's pretty quick. Ive gone through 1 already.

a_guerrajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm running 305s on RT replicas with no rubbing. i have BT springs.

OP
OP
Y

Yelkrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Careful with running this kit, destroys your CV's pretty quick. Ive gone through 1 already.

I'm 2wd so no cv problems for me. I've heard of lots of 4x4 guys having this problem. I know your pain though I constantly go through them on my Polaris ranger.

OP
OP
Y

Yelkrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Well I called mcgaughys the salesman said I could possibly have issues with this size tire with the offset of the srt10 wheel. I may have to roll the fenders or go with a smaller tire. I had though of maybe staggering them.

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup on the the same boat man I have the 2/4 kit and trying to see if I want to put the spindles on and I'm running 305/45/r22 as well I'm thinking about rolling my fenders to clear not to sure yet

OP
OP
Y

Yelkrab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Yup on the the same boat man I have the 2/4 kit and trying to see if I want to put the spindles on and I'm running 305/45/r22 as well I'm thinking about rolling my fenders to clear not to sure yet

Well I ordered the kit last week but it was on back order. I'll be putting it on next week if it makes it here. I decided to stager the tires 285/45/22 up front and 305/45/22 back. You've got a good looking truck man. I saw it in person that the fire station a few months back. Funny thing is I had saved a pic of yours off the forum, when I was deciding to do a drop or not, before I saw it and realize later u were from DR and it was the same truck! I'm in Brackett. Seeing yours helped me decide to do a drop so thanks!

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I ordered the kit last week but it was on back order. I'll be putting it on next week if it makes it here. I decided to stager the tires 285/45/22 up front and 305/45/22 back. You've got a good looking truck man. I saw it in person that the fire station a few months back. Funny thing is I had saved a pic of yours off the forum, when I was deciding to do a drop or not, before I saw it and realize later u were from DR and it was the same truck! I'm in Brackett. Seeing yours helped me decide to do a drop so thanks!

Nice man let me know how it turns out when you get it done post a picture too haha thanks man

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same concerns although I'm BT springs 2.5/5 drop...ended up going with Nitto 285/45/22 on the SRT wheels. Let you know once installed (waiting on TPMS kit to arrive). With spindles I definitely would not go to a 305...just my .02