Stacking tuners on 04 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have an 04 2500 and a couple different toys on it right now, which includes a DS intune with a simple, yet custom tune. Now anyone can tell you that DS doesnt support trans tuning with the 04s, BUT SC does. Now Ive read, and do believe, that DS is the better tuner, but SC does "unlock" the transmission tuning portion. Would i be able to run a SC and a DS together?

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As far as I know, no. Unless Dodge does it different than Ford, which is what I normally play with. It's one tuner or the other, and once you use that tuner it locks or "marries" itself to your VIN. To use a different tuner, you have to return your truck back to its stock tune which will "unmarry" the current tuner and allow you to use the other one.

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As far as I know, no. Unless Dodge does it different than Ford, which is what I normally play with. It's one tuner or the other, and once you use that tuner it locks or "marries" itself to your VIN. To use a different tuner, you have to return your truck back to its stock tune which will "unmarry" the current tuner and allow you to use the other one.

Thats what i thought. I think i read somewhere that the two could be stacked but it really didnt make sense to me. Maybe the rams are different than the fords in terms of tuning, though. Hopefully one of the tuners or other members with a good amount of experience will chime in soon enough

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys with 2004s have the option of trans tuning with just superchips. 05+ can use Diablo for trans tuning, so guys with 04s will get the trans tune down to where they like it then stack the Diablo over it. Your using the Diablo for the tuning the sc will just cover the trans/ rev limiter/ tire size side of things. If you have engine work already done that requires a tune to run/idle then you'll run into problems using the sc as you need to play with the trans side of things to fine tune it before you put the Diablo on

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
This was just done on another forum. He loaded the SC to set rpm/speed limiters and trans tune, then loaded the Diablo on top of the SC tune for cmr tuning.

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This was just done on another forum. He loaded the SC to set rpm/speed limiters and trans tune, then loaded the Diablo on top of the SC tune for cmr tuning.

Thank you. Ill think about giving this one a try