Stalling/Limp Mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doozie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i have a lemon of a Ram(2006 5.7) that has given me issues over the past 5 years. The newest issue is i noticed starting last fall the truck would hesistate like a quick misfire or it wasnt getting gas. Anytime it would do this it would only be for a quick second and happened maybe once or twice a day depending on mileage.

About two months ago driving in town she lost all power and idled very hard, like it was misfiring, along with the loss of the gas peddle(limp mode?). She would creep along at about 5mph until eventually stalling. Sometimes she would start afterwards and sometimes it would take minutes to hours to resart. This has been happening randomly but had become more frequent lately.

I just installed a new 87mm throttle body along with o2 sensors, relearned the new throttle body but am still having the same issue. Truck will start run for a minute or few before coming into a rough idle(limp mode?) and then shutting off.

My next act is to hook up scanner to the truck to see if it will throw codes while diagnosing and checking fuel pressure, filter, etc. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues along these parameters that would have any insight? Thanks

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Pulling codes is always step number 1. Report back with your findings and you may get more accurate advice on how to proceed. If you unplugged the battery for your "relearn" you may have to drive it for all the codes to resurface if there were more than one

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank