still no parkview backup option after update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lazy j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Originally I had factory backup camera in my rearview mirror along with the RA1 radio in my 2013 3500. I installed a used RA2 radio and swapped out my rearview mirror with the microphone mirror and diverted the camera wires over to the RA2 radio in the correct pins in the harness. I now have nothing when I put the truck in reverse, no blue or black screen or anything. This radio still has no "Parkview Backup" option in the Menu. I've updated the radio using the original VIN to the newest update with no change. What do I need to try next?? Do I need to update the radio using a VIN from another truck originally with RA2 and backup camera??

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the new radio you will have to go to the dealer to have them flash the sales code XAC to activate the radio to display the camera.

OP
OP
L

lazy j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Even if the truck originally came with factory backup camera??

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are there any options on the RA2 to do a factory reset? The XAC code should be there already since you had it in the rear view mirror. It’s like the RA2 hasn’t read the BCM to know that the code is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lazy j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm curious if I were to find someone with a VIN for a truck that had factory backup camera on RA2 radio, and update my radio to that VIN and maybe then I'll have the "Parkview Backup" option.
I'll look and see if there's a factory reset for this radio though, that's not a bad idea to try...

OP
OP
L

lazy j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
anyone else had this problem?? I still can't figure out how to fix my problem- I tried updating the radio using a VIN from a different truck but keep getting "error 220" so I guess that's not an option. I don't think I need the code flashed from the dealer since it came with backup camera from factory...