Stinger Heigh10 any missing functions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thinking about the Stinger Heigh10 for my 2018 3500. Everything seems to indicate I won't lose any functions, but has anybody found they are missing things? I don't want to find out I can't set the lights out timer or heated seats come on with remote start when its below 40 type of stuff.
-c

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thinking about the Stinger Heigh10 for my 2018 3500. Everything seems to indicate I won't lose any functions, but has anybody found they are missing things? I don't want to find out I can't set the lights out timer or heated seats come on with remote start when its below 40 type of stuff.
-c
Did you install this radio? I'm having issues with fresh install of a 4C UAS radio and I'm considering this one.

OP
OP
C

ccattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did get it done a few weeks ago. I really like it. I haven't found anything I couldn't do before. Even the brake controller options and presets are in there. I paid to have it done because I didn't feel like wasting a weekend trying to do the media block and all in my jump seat console and I had them do an amp and subs and stuff. I totally recommend it.

eminentDC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you install this radio? I'm having issues with fresh install of a 4C UAS radio and I'm considering this one.
I picked this one up a few weeks ago when the price first dropped.
If you've installed stereos before, the DIY isn't too bad. Just extra modules and cables you have to plug in, but they send really good instructions for the install. I did run into an issue, reached out to customer support and we resolved it within minutes.
Mine had the alpine system but its a 2016 2500......so the speakers weren't doing so hot anymore. The kit comes with cables to keep your factory amplifier if you have it, or run it unamplified.
I went with 4 new door speakers, a new 8 inch subwoofer in OEM box, and an amp. Everything sounds so much better now. I was able to run all the new speakers off the amp, and kept all the dash/headliner speakers running on factory amp simultaneously.

As far as i've noticed, no real issues so far. All the factory settings are available, all the AC controls, heated seats/steering wheel are available/working. Any vehicle settings you had prior will also be available to change on the new stereo. I was able to keep both the reverse and cargo cam as well and you can add 2 more cameras if you wanted to.
My only real gripe is the screen quality. I run it with android auto and it seems to lose some of its resolution with it. Not saying it looks blurry and unusable, but there's definitely a slight loss in the quality. For the price (even discounted) I expected a little more, but i'm happy to have navigation and spotify available on the screen now.