Stock 5.7 Hemi performance increases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DvlDoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Howdy!
I’ve got a stock 06 1500 mega cab.
I’m looking to boost its MPG a little bit and I’m looking at getting a camper to pull for some camping. Do you all have some suggestions on how and what I can do to get a little bit better mileage out of it and help it while it’s towing a trailer? I’m not looking to spend a ton on it but I was wondering about exhaust mods and air intake mods that can be done. I’m exempt from emissions in Ga due to its GVW.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better mpg’s while towing? Drive only down hill. You’ll take a hit towing. The amount of a hit depends on the size of the trailer.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your 06 1500 Megacab is a 2500 is disguise (2500 frame and running gear). They called the 1500 or 2500 those years to classify it's towing capacity. So basically a 2500 with a huge cab and a small displacement gas engine lugging it along. Not much you can do for mileage there....

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can go the custom tune route but prices can vary drastically depending apon what you want.
My experience with canned tunes isn't that great for towing as advanced timing creates more heat.

Gas mileage for these engines resemble that of lifted Jeeps. Lol