Stupid Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
so I got a recall notice for loss of crank position on my 1500 ecodiesel today. what has me really peeved is they say my truck could stall and crash but the recall has no apparent fix at the moment and my dealer needed to read the letter to even know there was a recall.
How stupid is stellantis/FCA/Chrysler to do this? Now I don't know if i trust my truck to get me anywhere and I have no idea when or what is going to be fixed.
the government must be organizing this because this is incredibly moronic

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So you'd be more comfortable if they don't say anything until they get enough parts together to perform the recall.
I get the frustration but I never get why people complain about recalls. As complicated as vehicles are recalls are going to happen.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
so I got a recall notice for loss of crank position on my 1500 ecodiesel today. what has me really peeved is they say my truck could stall and crash but the recall has no apparent fix at the moment and my dealer needed to read the letter to even know there was a recall.
How stupid is stellantis/FCA/Chrysler to do this? Now I don't know if i trust my truck to get me anywhere and I have no idea when or what is going to be fixed.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us regarding the active recall on your vehicle. Should you need any assistance on the recall for the loss of crank position, please send our team a PM.

William
Ram Cares

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us regarding the active recall on your vehicle. Should you need any assistance on the recall for the loss of crank position, please send our team a PM.

William
Ram Cares
so i haven't driven my truck since I got this notice. Honestly I am looking at getting a new beemer so IF I ever get the repair done I'll be ready to trade it in. The 535D is an awesome car and I get to keep a diesel engine.
The Ram at first was great but now it is such a disappointment.
I highly doubt I would buy stellantis/chrysler ever again. If you send a notice out just to save your ass and leave mine at risk your not the company I want to own a vehicle from.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
so i haven't driven my truck since I got this notice. Honestly I am looking at getting a new beemer so IF I ever get the repair done I'll be ready to trade it in. The 535D is an awesome car and I get to keep a diesel engine.
I highly doubt I would buy stellantis/chrysler ever again. If you send a notice out just to save your ass and leave mine at risk your not the company I want to own a vehicle from.
Don't forget to pay those monthly subscriptions on the Bimmer.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are annoyed with this then you are going to hate any BMW they are nothing but money pits after 50k miles and have no resale value. I would either keep driving the truck because its bad to let it sit if the truck stalls you will only crash if you dont know how to steer and brake you will just need to put some muscle into it. Or just trade it in now they dont care about recalls you dont need to wait get a real diesel/cummins or go with a gasser 5.7/6.4 hemi has plenty of power.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Usually a Recall comes from NHTSA
They learn about from customer complaints & then they investigate.

IF their investigation shows that the customer complaints are Valid.
NHTSA sends its results to the Maker of the vehicle & inform the vehicle builder that they need to do something ASAP.
So to cover their butts, they sent out notices to the registered owners of the the vehicles involved.
Then they tell their Engineers to find a fix

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Every vehicle manufacturer does the same thing on recalls. They are required to send the registered owner a notice as soon as they get the fix order from NHSTA. This happens whether they have the parts or not. With the parts issue every manufacturer is facing, you will most likely run into this with other brands as well. If it makes you feel better to get huffy and change brands then by all means do so. Chances are you will be posting something like this on that brands forums within the next 4 or 5 years too.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stellantis isn't stupid. They truly want to resolve the issue. The recalls are issued frequently before dealer personnel even have been enlightened. I've seen this in several instances in Ford, GM, and Asian cars. There is usually a lag in the communications.

I've read about this issue and empathize with your fears/ misgivings. Try Contacting RAM Cares and see if they can help you shed light on this and lead you to a satisfactory solution.

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Don't forget to pay those monthly subscriptions on the Bimmer.
well to be honest every car company has subscritions. overall I have never been treated this way by BMW. say what you want but everytime there has been an issue BMW stepped up, gave me a loaner car and fixed my car under warranty.
I have a bum leg and can't walk that far so I need a car/truck that when I get in it I know for sure that I get a round trip. reliability is critical to me.

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you are annoyed with this then you are going to hate any BMW they are nothing but money pits after 50k miles and have no resale value. I would either keep driving the truck because its bad to let it sit if the truck stalls you will only crash if you dont know how to steer and brake you will just need to put some muscle into it. Or just trade it in now they dont care about recalls you dont need to wait get a real diesel/cummins or go with a gasser 5.7/6.4 hemi has plenty of power.
I have never had an issue with previous BMW's. Like all cars it's maintenance, do that and you have half the battle won. I treat my vehicles like very well so I will keep it where it is and save the km on it. Truck is rust proofed and sitting in my garage.

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Stellantis isn't stupid. They truly want to resolve the issue. The recalls are issued frequently before dealer personnel even have been enlightened. I've seen this in several instances in Ford, GM, and Asian cars. There is usually a lag in the communications.

I've read about this issue and empathize with your fears/ misgivings. Try Contacting RAM Cares and see if they can help you shed light on this and lead you to a satisfactory solution.
A repair is the only solution. after that happens though it boils down to will I trust the truck again.
contacting ram cares is a bit of a joke in my opinion

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A repair is the only solution. after that happens though it boils down to will I trust the truck again.
contacting ram cares is a bit of a joke in my opinion
Maybe. I'd do it to cause a "chain of custody" so to speak. It is then documented. And, you never know; they just MIGHT help you.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have never had an issue with previous BMW's. Like all cars it's maintenance, do that and you have half the battle won. I treat my vehicles like very well so I will keep it where it is and save the km on it. Truck is rust proofed and sitting in my garage.
If you were to ask my kid about her experience with her BMW she would give you and ear full of the BS with her BMW, one of the last few problems was when I locker her car keys in the trunk, I had to tow it to BMW from the coast sure glad I had AAA or it would of cost over $1100, was shocked when we were told they ( BMW) had to remove the back bumper & tail light to get the trunk open so she could her keys, claimed there is no other way to unlock the car once it was locked, that cost me $350 3 years to R&R bumper an tail light, at 50K it started smoking at start up said it was normal, that was the last straw so she got smart and sold that pile of junk and got her a Toyota that so far has been 10 time better then her BMW so good luck and hope you buy a good warranty plan as every one I have talked to gets rid of them once factory warranty is up if they don't have extended warranty..

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just a quick question. If you had not received a recall notice, Would you still be trusting the Ram that has served you well for all these years? If you would, why do you not Trust it now? The recall notice just says there could be a issue with the parts. Any number of parts could fail on your truck and leave you in the same type of situation.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick question. If you had not received a recall notice, Would you still be trusting the Ram that has served you well for all these years? If you would, why do you not Trust it now? The recall notice just says there could be a issue with the parts. Any number of parts could fail on your truck and leave you in the same type of situation.
Agreed.... My old Toyota Sequoia had 3 airbag recalls while I owned it. My Mother in law has it now... has well over 300K miles on it.

All 3 times, they "inspected" the airbag(s), and gave the car a pass. They said it wasn't one of the "affected" ones. Fortunately, there has never been a time for the airbags to deploy, so there's that.

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
not quite the same issue is it?
I am being told there could be a problem and there is no fix for it. kind of russian roulette is it not? I personally think if you can't trust your car why are you driving it. I mean your not the only one on the road.