Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Hi,
I am new to the group. I have owned 2 Ram trucks and use them as a work and vacation vehicle.
My 2019 eco diesel has 2 recalls with no remedy for each.
The first is the high pressure fuel pump failure. The description of the effect of the failure is engine will ignite and result in injury or death.
The second recall with no remedy is a critical software update for the power train control module. Failure results in a crash.
I have called Customer care and they offer no solution. I asked if it should be recalled under the.Lemon law and the agent was suddenly silent.
What should I do??
Thank you for your help in California
Erin

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hi,
I am new to the group. I have owned 2 Ram trucks and use them as a work and vacation vehicle.
The first is the high pressure fuel pump failure. The description of the effect of the failure is engine will ignite and result in injury or death.
The second recall with no remedy is a critical software update for the power train control module. Failure results in a crash.
I have called Customer care and they offer no solution. I asked if it should be recalled under the.Lemon law and the agent was suddenly silent.
What should I do??
Erin

If your talking about the CP-4 HPFP they have a replacement available but in limited quantities as for the other I'm not up on that one... FYI the failure rate for the CP-4 is well under 1% in the Cummins engine and its still in use in the EU & Ford diesel engines... As for what to do drive it....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You need to read up on California's Lemon Law Qualifications

If you still qualify for getting the MOPAR Extended Warranty, i would do it.
It is not for everyone, because it is like insurance, with a deductible

Tracyleem16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hi,
What should I do??
Erin
Hi Erin-
I had a 2020 and was also told I needed to change out the CP4 fuel pump due to recall - went to dealer and was told I was next on the list. Ya, well 2 weeks later i was towing and guess what- pump failed. I lost all power on the interstate. It was awful.
Truck was in shop for 2 months-
When i got it back it didn’t sound right and was told it was fine.
Took it out and 2 weeks later my entire engine and transmission blew! I wasn’t near the same dealership but went to another that took care of me.
traded in the truck and got a 3500.
This will be my last Ram if I have anything close to that happen again.
My suggestion- find a dealership and swap that CP4 pump out before it goes!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357