Stupid Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you were to ask my kid about her experience with her BMW she would give you and ear full of the BS with her BMW, one of the last few problems was when I locker her car keys in the trunk, I had to tow it to BMW from the coast sure glad I had AAA or it would of cost over $1100, was shocked when we were told they ( BMW) had to remove the back bumper & tail light to get the trunk open so she could her keys, claimed there is no other way to unlock the car once it was locked, that cost me $350 3 years to R&R bumper an tail light, at 50K it started smoking at start up said it was normal, that was the last straw so she got smart and sold that pile of junk and got her a Toyota that so far has been 10 time better then her BMW so good luck and hope you buy a good warranty plan as every one I have talked to gets rid of them once factory warranty is up if they don't have extended warranty..
Everybody has a bad story or two. me experience with my 535i was the exact opposite. owned it for 121,000 km only thing other than oil was I replaced the ignition coils, charge pipe because I tuned the motor. regardless of make its how you maintain the car and how much its abused while driving.........

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
not quite the same issue is it?
I am being told there could be a problem and there is no fix for it. kind of russian roulette is it not? I personally think if you can't trust your car why are you driving it. I mean your not the only one on the road.
FYI FCA has to wait for Bosch to make a replacement for the CP4 pump until then they can't replace what they do not have and from what I have read less then 1% of all the CP4 made that failed were in the Cummins and even less have been reported to have failed in the Eco diesel. The odds are you have a good chance to get in an accident in the future, does that stop you from driving on the road? I bet not...

OP
OP
Freakydude

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
so I got a recall notice for loss of crank position on my 1500 ecodiesel today. what has me really peeved is they say my truck could stall and crash but the recall has no apparent fix at the moment and my dealer needed to read the letter to even know there was a recall.
How stupid is stellantis/FCA/Chrysler to do this? Now I don't know if i trust my truck to get me anywhere and I have no idea when or what is going to be fixed.
the government must be organizing this because this is incredibly moronic
Aug 17th got the notice, Nov 22 Truck is going in to have the computer reprogrammed. LOL yeah this is a fix. So I have hummed and hawed enough. Truck is going up for sale right after the recall work is done.
I did a stupid thing anyway and took a much too expensive BMW for a test ride. 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, I fell in love as soon as I hit the start button. Then when we were test driving the sales guy started the seat massagers.
Didn't buy it but damn if I didn't go a few models down to where my pocket is empty but I still get to keep the grin I had. 540i still does 0-60 in 4.9, I think I can sacrifice 1 second every time I take off lol.
An all black challenger 392 scat pack almost got me but the wife demands 4 doors.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Something to notice about ALL vehicles: 1) EVERY manufacture says their vehicles are the best ( cause if they told you what were the problems -who would buy it)! 2) EVERY manufactures dealers have "SERVICE DEPARTMENTS" some are so busy you can not get in them! 3) and not all of that service is routine maintenance. 4) The biggest problem is some of those manufactures give out ONLY the info (on repairs, repair procedures, or tools necessary) that they are required by law to give. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU CHOOSE!

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well to be honest every car company has subscritions. overall I have never been treated this way by BMW. say what you want but everytime there has been an issue BMW stepped up, gave me a loaner car and fixed my car under warranty.
I have a bum leg and can't walk that far so I need a car/truck that when I get in it I know for sure that I get a round trip. reliability is critical to me.
A lot of the customer care has nothing to do with the brand, and everything to do with the dealer

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aug 17th got the notice, Nov 22 Truck is going in to have the computer reprogrammed. LOL yeah this is a fix. So I have hummed and hawed enough. Truck is going up for sale right after the recall work is done.
I did a stupid thing anyway and took a much too expensive BMW for a test ride. 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, I fell in love as soon as I hit the start button. Then when we were test driving the sales guy started the seat massagers.
Didn't buy it but damn if I didn't go a few models down to where my pocket is empty but I still get to keep the grin I had. 540i still does 0-60 in 4.9, I think I can sacrifice 1 second every time I take off lol.
An all black challenger 392 scat pack almost got me but the wife demands 4 doors.
Hope your next ride is 100% trouble free. Good luck on that.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
so I got a recall notice for loss of crank position on my 1500 ecodiesel today. what has me really peeved is they say my truck could stall and crash but the recall has no apparent fix at the moment and my dealer needed to read the letter to even know there was a recall.
How stupid is stellantis/FCA/Chrysler to do this? Now I don't know if i trust my truck to get me anywhere and I have no idea when or what is going to be fixed.
the government must be organizing this because this is incredibly moronic
Sounds like you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire with that Beemer.
Wait 'til you get involved with maintaining that horror. Dont take this the wrong way but, you sound like more of a car guy anyway. I could never just replace my truck with a car. Never.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517