SuperChips,diablo or pedal C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys after alot of searching here and reading i thought instead of bumping a thread i would just ask my specific questions/needs and yall pros will get me my answer quickly haha.

So im in the market for a tuner and was considering the diablosport plat i3 but then saw because i have a 2014 8 speed that the TCM is not compatible with diablo and when i contacted there support i was told theres a slight possibility it will work but dont hold your breath is what he said lol.

I was then told by a member here the superchips f5 does 2014 tcm no problems.

Also im not planing to get a custom tune anytime soon and only run 87 gas.

Now my question is the superchips a good tuner to get due to it being able to do tcm on my truck?

Am i better off still just going with a diablo anyways?

Also if i have either tuner do i still need a pedal commander or do the tuners take care of it and can get rid of that throttle lag?

At first i was considering a pedal commander only but thought its over $400 cad here so for an extra $100 i could get either the superchips or the diablo i3 as there both around the $500.

So any advise or my best way to go please let me know.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can I ask whyyou would spend the money and not get a custom tune? If you dont want a custom tune just get a used pulsar and used pedal commander. No since to spend that kind of money and not do a custom tune

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm running the Superchips f5 93 octane tune along with a Pedal Commander on my 2010 5-speed.
Scary fast.
Tuner allowed me to set tire size, rpm & speed limiter, and disable MDS. Shifts & accelerates so much better now.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I may have to look into that. Already have PC and like it.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can I ask whyyou would spend the money and not get a custom tune? If you dont want a custom tune just get a used pulsar and used pedal commander. No since to spend that kind of money and not do a custom tune

Change tire size, turn Mds off. Main thing i want is less pedal lag and was going to go with the commander but if a tuner and get rid of the pedal lag and i can make changes of tire size mds then id rather just get the tuner.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would stack a used pulsar and pc and used pulsar would be cheaper about the same gains. No need to unlock pcm and the pulsar is still planned to have custom tuning down the road I'd you decide to go that route. I like my warranty so I got the pc and the pulsar. I got the pulsar used 200 bucks to my door just to change tire size and it did gain some.the pc stacked makes for a great combo between situation like rain snow or towing.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'll turn off the PC later & take it for a spin to see if the tune eliminated the lag.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ok, just got back from shutting off the PC.
The tuner does not eliminate pedal lag, it kicks in quicker but it's not gone like with the PC.
OP, if lag is most important to you go with the PC.
I run mine on Sport+ plus 1 and can chirp the tires at will.

I will say the tuner unleashed the beast as far as performance goes, and combined with the PC is all the power I need or want.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you are only going to run 87 a tuner doesn't make a lot of sense. I have a 2014 R/T and got a custom tune from Hemifever. when you buy the tuner straight from him you get the custom tune for less than 100 bucks. The canned tunes suck. He will make it run however you want. He did say it was a 50/50 if the transmission tune would work but mine did. His tune made a huge difference over the canned tune.

The custom tune can also change the throttle response with whatever sensitivity you want.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were in your shoes I would get pulsar. If you're not planning on going custom tune with some bolt ons then stick with the easiest that's less likely to break anything. The pulsar is all plug and play no tunning and it has different levels which are easy to switch.

If you simply want a throttle booster and nothing else then I would just get the pedal commander and call it day.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a Pedal commander which I loved. Found a good deal on a Pulsar, so I put on the Pulsar and sold the PC. I run on performance mode so there isn't much throttle lag so felt it was overkill to have both

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Link to pulsar? When I search my 2014 sport with 8 speed only a monitor shows up on there site??

Now if down the road I wanted a tune and I may most likely one day want. Then a diablosport is the way to go with a PC?

Even if transmission cant be tuned I'm still better off doing diablosport correct?

Superchips just not worth it all all then right?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO---To start with--I have a custom tune and I also have a PC
My advice would be get a PC now and run it until you can afford to get a tuner AND a custom tune. The difference between a canned tune and a custom tune is night and day. Also the tuner, even with a custom tune, will not be able to replicate or improve the initial improvement in acceleration that a PC will give you. You can run both a custom tune and a PC together and they work very well together. A Diablo tuner and a custom tune by Hemifever would be my recommendation. You might contact Matt at Moe's Performance about a tuner and custom tune. He works closely with Hemifever and I believe he has a package deal on the tuner and custom tune. He is also a preferred vendor on this forum as is Hemifever.
Jay

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMHO---To start with--I have a custom tune and I also have a PC
My advice would be get a PC now and run it until you can afford to get a tuner AND a custom tune. The difference between a canned tune and a custom tune is night and day. Also the tuner, even with a custom tune, will not be able to replicate or improve the initial improvement in acceleration that a PC will give you. You can run both a custom tune and a PC together and they work very well together. A Diablo tuner and a custom tune by Hemifever would be my recommendation. You might contact Matt at Moe's Performance about a tuner and custom tune. He works closely with Hemifever and I believe he has a package deal on the tuner and custom tune. He is also a preferred vendor on this forum as is Hemifever.
Jay
Not that I cant afford just didnt have. Eed for a custom tune as all I'm doing is a intake and muffler for now.
The real thing was changing tire size and turning mds off of I wanted. PC for throttle.

So I guess I'll just do the diablo and pc for future proof.

Is the trinity 2 worth the $$ as it's over 850 cad here and the handheld one is like 550 cad so I'd probably go trinity 2 as I like gadgets lol

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also is matt a member on here to contact or do I just contact him through there website?

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol why is no one talking about the best bang for the buck tuner? Hptuners Price is about the same with hundreds of parameters to edit and scanning /logging thru your laptop..

ChevySlayer69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I really like diablo 87 tune with hemifever trans tune for daily. You can increase throttle boost in the settings with i3 but IMO its a gimmick (like PC) and drivability is best without it. The hemifever trans tune is phenomenal and myvstock truck on 35s gets 2nd gear rubber and chirps them hard. Not to mention still super smooth for daily and slightly quicker shifting.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like diablo 87 tune with hemifever trans tune for daily. You can increase throttle boost in the settings with i3 but IMO its a gimmick (like PC) and drivability is best without it. The hemifever trans tune is phenomenal and myvstock truck on 35s gets 2nd gear rubber and chirps them hard. Not to mention still super smooth for daily and slightly quicker shifting.
This is what I originally wanted but I'm told because I have a 2014 built.the trans tuning part won't work and if I wanted transmission tuning I needed a super chips.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
When I loaded the 93 octane tune the F5 automatically changed the shift points.
You can manually choose them, but your choices are Stock or 'Superchips tuned' for 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.
I have the 5 speed so those were my choices.

Don't know what it did but I like it!