Superlift 4" with 17" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thurbur445

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just recently bought a used ram 1500 crew cab, and was wanting to lift it and get some new wheels/tires. Looking around, I think that the superlift 4" is the best option for me, my only concern is that the superlift site says that the minimum wheel size is 18". I would really like to run 17" wheels if possible, not only because I prefer the look, but because tires are much cheaper at that wheel size.

I was looking at the Method Fat Five wheel, does anyone know if you can make a 17" wheel work with the superlift 4"?

Thanks for any replies

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they say 18" there is probably good reason. Looking at my SuperLift, looks like a wheel too small would be very very close to the knuckle.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
im sure with the proper backspacing they will fit. I have a superlift and im planning on going with 17s. I dont think the knuckles are that different and zone can run 17s

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
so i got this email from superlift after i asked about 17s

Hello,

Thank you for your interests in our kit.
Sorry to say but we say our minimal size wheel you can run is a 18" wheel
Our knuckle might be a little different in allowing the smaller wheel.
We say the smallest is a 18x 8 with backspacing of 4.25-5

idk how much i believe it though