Swap from manual windows to power??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 express with manual everything I've installed actuators for the locks and keyless. Just wondering if any one had tried to swap out. Wondering what all you would need? I know most of the wiring for thing not on our trucks is still there wonder if I just found factory motors would they just plug up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleypop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my previous truck which was a Ram 2011 Reg Cab Express with manual windows and locks I used the AutoLoc conversion kits that added power windows and power locks with remote/alarm. PW4650 - windows, CA2000 - 2 door power locks w/alarm. Hope this helps.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a conversion on one of my old vehicles.

i have used the autolok kits before and was not all that happy with them. when they work they work great, but you have to add these little plastic gears and i found the break easy with the torque required to lift some windows.

when i did my conversion i went to a junk yard and got the motors and regulators (the unit that actually lifts the windows). 99% of window motors are a simple 2 wire hook that a require the polarities to change to go up or down. i paired these with the autolok switch (they sell just the switches/ wiring). using factory switches if most likely out of the question. now days these trucks everything is controlled through the computer somehow.

i have not had the panels off in my ram, but usually most of the regulators just eother bolt in or rivet in.

OP
OP
movinalong

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks man, I've also ran those add on kits and wasn't happy like you the little gears should be made of steel or something. I'm goin to look into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy