Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 998 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don't laugh, but this is pretty cool imo. A lot of things to like about these all in one tools, and with over 4,000 reviews pretty solid 5 stars. A little late but good to give or get on fathers day?

I tell ya the more I use my 20v dewalt platform tools, I don't think black and decker is that far off in quality anyway. There are some good single tools, but then main stays like dewalts common drill are just poor performing in 20v. I literally grab some cheap drills I have laying around to screw in stuff that dewalts didnt have the power to do. So, why not get tools like this, I would bet you this allinone drill will out perform the dewalt drill in 20v.

all this in one tool- drill, sander, jig saw, oscillating tool, router, and impact driver

th?id=OIP.jpg

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Don't laugh, but this is pretty cool imo. A lot of things to like about these all in one tools, and with over 4,000 reviews pretty solid 5 stars. A little late but good to give or get on fathers day?

I tell ya the more I use my 20v dewalt platform tools, I don't think black and decker is that far off in quality anyway. There are some good single tools, but then main stays like dewalts common drill are just poor performing in 20v. I literally grab some cheap drills I have laying around to screw in stuff that dewalts didnt have the power to do. So, why not get tools like this, I would bet you this allinone drill will out perform the dewalt drill in 20v.

all this in one tool- drill, sander, jig saw, oscillating tool, router, and impact driver

View attachment 523083

I'm a "home owner" so I never pay full price for dewalt and other pro tools because they're just going to rot and degrade in the box in my garage.

But I have a ryobi lineup I'm adding to all the time. And before that I had a bought a single 20v black and dekker like you posted. The B&D is almost half the weight, and it only has one speed compared to the heavier ryobi with 2 speeds. But I almost always grab the B&D first because of how light it is and the single speed works for pretty much everything I need.

Longer jobs I'll go for the ryobi still, especially if screwing into something thick like 4x4s etc.

In my construction days (20+ years ago) I had some of the first 18v dewalt "XR2" stuff. They were heavy, had them stapped to my toolbelt for days on end, my hip joints still hurt when I think it.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I forgot to also mention with that SP VOA of mobil 1 FS, that additive package is also available in a 5w30 from mobil called mobil 1 FS 5w30. Its like redline 5w30 in terms of viscosity coming in at around 12.2 with. 3.5 HTHS. But the 5w30 pours at -39C and is entirely GTL based with ANs as well

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I forgot to also mention with that SP VOA of mobil 1 FS, that additive package is also available in a 5w30 from mobil called mobil 1 FS 5w30. Its like redline 5w30 in terms of viscosity coming in at around 12.2 with. 3.5 HTHS. But the 5w30 pours at -39C and is entirely GTL based with ANs as well

When did that come out? Moly content?
What does FS stand for, anyway?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pretty recently id say 4-6 months ago. Its only at AAP currently. FS is full saps. Moly is 80 boron is 150. Phos is 1000 and zinc 1100 i believe. 1400 calcium 1100 magnesium
For hemi tick looks like this would be a serious contender to replace redline with some biotech added maybe. The good thing about biotech is there is no reason to not play that card until you see if the oil itself is good enough. With that cSt just see if 5w30 fs-m1 kills the tick or keeps it killed for someone making a direct switch, then you can always put back some biotech. Most oils are going down in cst viscosity, this oil seams to go the other way, should be appreciated by hemi owners since we have different needs then the mass market goes.

Generally I say if it aint broke..... then... ok.

But, with redline prices getting stupid, this is worth a shot. With the same viscosity and impressive additive package, you need to judge this oil on it's formula not it's name. This m1 is a game changer, or at least has potential to be.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Travis is their any shear in the uoa's?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When did that come out? Moly content?
What does FS stand for, anyway?
It stands for hey guys I am more then 50% lower then redline. 26 bucks to 65 bucks per gallon, plus you get the traditional extra qrt in m1 = 5 qrt. If not that then it probably stands for Full Synthetic like we see with many other FS's. I know it is kinda sad when it is a waste of word, all you were supposed to need is the word synthetic, 2 steps back on confusing the masses. I see FS has a new meaning, full saps.

Last edited:

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So to be clear this is what you are pertaining to

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 13

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So to be clear this is what you are pertaining to
I don't think so, but I will let travis clarify since I'm not sure on this 1. Usually full saps is euro stuff, this one.

However, thanks for posting that bottle, warms to cockles of one's heart to see ms6395 on that label.

You can see the visc of the one you posted is in the 10's, so not what travis was saying.

so good question for sure...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So Travis, can you expand on full saps versus low saps?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So a review anyhow, moly isnt part of the saps equation, it is the sulfur attached to it that is. So you "shouldn't" see high moly in euro saps oils. In fact many were moly count zero until the newest specs came out favoring moly. I think they are leaning on moly with the downward movement on viscosity plus it also quenches lspi, but that shouldnt effect oils with great viscosity like this oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here on the southside of Indy, the 3 AAP stores nearby are only carrying it in 5w40
Very interesting fact after I seen this post, FS 5w40 m1 has an operating visc at 13.2, even "thinner" then 0w40FS, and only 1 point over 5w30. So, who knows 5w40 m1 fs might be some exceptional hemi oil., it surely has potential imo. So many guys running 0w40 in the 5.7, well my guess this 5w40 FS m1 will even perform better in most cases, especially since they built this on to be very close to 30 weight api class. Kind of unexpected surprise seeing this.

The only real question imo is cold piston slap in cold months. But even the 5w30 fs could be a question here as we see even redline 5w30 have some issues, all cSt over twelve. So compared to other good choices, the risk seams minimal compared to every oil discussed.