Tailgate didn't latch properly, came down on a trailer jack while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have a 2015 sport reg cab and my tail gate has came slamming down while driving a few times, but Only In The winter and I do have the stock tri fold tonnue cover. In my case I think it's the cover that won't let my
Tail gate close " even though I have did a test pull on the gate after closing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wondering if that was the issue on mine as well. However my tonneau isn't tight against the tailgate. It has a bit of play in it.
proper lubing fixes the issue
No, that doesn't fix it. I didn't lube my 2014 once in the 2 years I had it, and this didn't ever happen. 6 months into ownership of this truck and down the gate came.
Has the dealer fixed the problem with them falling?

I'm not sure if they fixed the issue or not to be honest. My only concern was getting it repainted. The dealer mentioned something about the auto lock when I was there, so maybe they addressed it while they had it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Nice sled :happy107:
Thanks!

Damn that sucks but awesome it's covered.

Sweet sled I'm thinking about going to a turbo after blowing my 2 stroke 800 up with 500 miles this year.
0C659364-635C-4B39-BBE3-3343BF64961C_zpsskusfggf.jpg

Yeah this is my first 4 stroke. I blew up 2 Ski-Doo 800R's, then went to a Cat 800 in 2015. That sled was great, but sold it in the spring. I figured I was going to get a 4 stroke this time for reliability. The only reason I bought the turbo is because they had a screaming deal on it! Definitely glad I did. The power difference between it and my 800's is huge. This thing snaps your arms back at 50 mph! It's a rocket ship haha

RAM DAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if that was the issue on mine as well. However my tonneau isn't tight against the tailgate. It has a bit of play in it.

No, that doesn't fix it. I didn't lube my 2014 once in the 2 years I had it, and this didn't ever happen. 6 months into ownership of this truck and down the gate came.

I'm not sure if they fixed the issue or not to be honest. My only concern was getting it repainted. The dealer mentioned something about the auto lock when I was there, so maybe they addressed it while they had it.

Hopefully my dealer will cooperate with me on getting it fixed!

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hopefully my dealer will cooperate with me on getting it fixed!

Yeah I hope so man! They've probably heard of this before. If not the dealer, the rep will have.