Taylor shorty wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bambinoelchicano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Hello everyone, i installed some taylor shorty wires on my 5.7 hemi today, the black 8.2mm but it has a rough time starting up even when hot. I drove it to the beach about 45 min drive and it had a hesitation when i mashed the gas like it started bucking. Anyone have a similar issue? It didnt do it with the stock length wires.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I’m running the shortie without any issues

I Bleed Ram Trucks

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello everyone, i installed some taylor shorty wires on my 5.7 hemi today, the black 8.2mm but it has a rough time starting up even when hot. I drove it to the beach about 45 min drive and it had a hesitation when i mashed the gas like it started bucking. Anyone have a similar issue? It didnt do it with the stock length wires.

Sounds like you have a dead misfire. Maybe a bad wire or one is not on good. Or worst case, two crossed.

OP
OP
bambinoelchicano

bambinoelchicano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I was just curious if anyone had the issue. There cant be any crossed with shorty wires. Maybe a coil is going bad? Guess ill give it a few days see if it throws any codes.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Could be a coil or wire...check to see if the wire is seated correctly at both ends.

OP
OP
bambinoelchicano

bambinoelchicano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I did double check them and they are pushed on all the way. This morning it did not want to start for nothing. I had to crank and crank and crank till it stumbled on and gave it gas to level it out. I love the way the shorty wires look but im thinking about switching back to the stock length wires.