temp...normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Has it ran this low the entire time? Like from the time you bought it?

Maybe the problem is linked. Maybe your truck is sensing the colder coolant and engine temp from the open thermostat and adding fuel to compensate, resulting in a carbon buildup on your O2 sensors and causing them to fail... Hmmmm.

Someone else mentioned this in the O2 thread...

Just spitballin here...

I was wondering the same thing trip....maybe I should go ahead and just replace it for the sake of knowing its new and wont have to wory about it for a while..

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah, I recommend getting your hands dirty and replacing all three: the thermostat, and the upstream and downstream O2 sensor.

If anything, your truck will thank you with a little better efficiency. Couldn't hurt to clean your TB out as well if you haven't yet. Little better throttle response.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Tb was just replaced quite recently with a 50mm tb (pics in mod thread), but thanks for the help and suggestions. Highly appreciated.

To everyone else that chimed in as well.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Tb was just replaced quite recently with a 50mm tb (pics in mod thread), but thanks for the help and suggestions. Highly appreciated.

To everyone else that chimed in as well.

I think the only thing that is gonna solve your O2 codes is an O2 substitute or a new cat.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I think the only thing that is gonna solve your O2 codes is an O2 substitute or a new cat.

I replaced my cat last summer :/ and the post plug.

As in the o2 substitute, do you mean the o2 simmulator from the fast man?

the codes im getting are p0132, p0135, p0141, and p0140

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
p0132-o2 sensor circuit, high voltage (cylinder bank no. 1 sensor no. 1)

p0135-o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (cylinder bank no. 1 sensor no. 1)

p0141-02 sensor heater circuit malfunction (cylinder bank no. 1 sensor no. 2)

p0140-o2 sensor circuit - no activity detected (cylinder bank no. 1 sensor no. 2)

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
lol my dad tells me that all the time!

I got the point tho lol

No I replaced it because I thought it was clogged after having the blown plenum for so long, so after I got it fixed I replaced the cat with a magnaflow universal cat. (had this problem with the o2 sensor codes for a while). Replaced the post o2 sensor, shop said the pre looked okay so didnt replace that one. The codes came back eventually..

So iv been considering doing away with them and getting long tubes, deleting the cat, and o2 sensors, and getting the simulator because the simulator cost about the same as the o2 sensors.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
He could get a simulator for the rear O2, but the codes he's getting are also for the upstream one, that controls his fuel/air ratio. You can't simulate that one, it's vital to the trucks running correctly.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I don't understand why you're blowing out the pre heaters. Someone didn't wire in universal o2 sensors and solder connectors/wires together did they?

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
damn, glad you pointed that out trip cuz it got past me..

and I have NO idea either...especially the one that is almost new..

and the shop didnt touch any wires as far as I know, and I didnt either..and I checked NTK's site when I got the new sensor and made sure it was the right one?

Im baffled by the damn things

MacAttack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
Ive got the 5.9 and it sounds like we have the same issues. I've done the t-stat 2 times a 190 from Advanced and the T-stat from the Hughes kit for the plenum seal.Your T-stat is easy thou just use a 3/8 ext, ratchet, and I believe 1/2in socket and you wont have to remove the alternator. had it done in 15 minutes. My truck sits at the exact same temp but i don't have any codes on my truck nothing pops up telling me I have an issue just my heater wont work and my MPG is garbage. I get 215 to a tank. Does anyone have an idea as to why my temp wont go up? Had the system flushed, new water pump. Heater Core tubes inlet/outlet get warm not hot that was after letting it run for 10-15 min. I don't smell or see any coolant in the cab. Should i be looking at my 02 Sensors? What would i be looking for I have not yet had to deal with 02 sensors this will be my first.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My temp gauge is stuck in the same spot and I just changed my thermostat tonight, no difference..

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
My temp barly gets above 130, maybe to the first mark if it sits for a few but goes right down when I start driving. Barely held at the first mark when towing a 19" trailer with a full load of firewood in the bed for about 90 miles. No CEL, which seems weird. Gonna replace the T-Stat in toe morning and see if it goes back up. Should help my MPG too I hope!

vinper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
why is it all these overheating or running to cool threads never seemed to get solved . they just end up dieing with never being fixed

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I can report that after replacing my tstat with a new 180* my tempo now hovers where the OPs is in his pics. I'm asuming that's normal so it works for me. Haven't driven enough to tell any change in MPG from the comp leaning the mix out but well see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

chello

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have the same problem but its not as low how do I fix it? New thermostat?