Terrible dealership warranty service....time to switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have my truck in for warranty work for a failed oil cooler (at 14,600 miles).....First they have no loaner, not a big deal. But then they send me home still leaking for a few days while they order a part. Part comes in and i drive back out to them. Thankfully this time they have a loaner. I get a call a couple days later that they ordered the wrong part but the correct one is on the way. Now its been 6 more days and they call me that i need to come pick up the truck. Its not fixed or anything...they just need the crappy loaner back. They are fine with me driving my truck with it leaking oil and about a 45 min to 1 hr round trip each time they do this. I take a moment to complain that it is not my fault the wrong part was ordered and then i get told i should just take the truck somewhere else closer to home.....this dealership is the closest one to me listed as a ram truck service center on Rams website. Currently waiting for the service manager to call me.....incredible.

failure at less than 15 thousand miles
pretty much told to go away
and it all boils down to they ordered the wrong part.

i hope "Ram Cares" still reads through these things...this is the type of thing that will push me back to Ford.

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have my truck in for warranty work for a failed oil cooler (at 14,600 miles).....First they have no loaner, not a big deal. But then they send me home still leaking for a few days while they order a part. Part comes in and i drive back out to them. Thankfully this time they have a loaner. I get a call a couple days later that they ordered the wrong part but the correct one is on the way. Now its been 6 more days and they call me that i need to come pick up the truck. Its not fixed or anything...they just need the crappy loaner back. They are fine with me driving my truck with it leaking oil and about a 45 min to 1 hr round trip each time they do this. I take a moment to complain that it is not my fault the wrong part was ordered and then i get told i should just take the truck somewhere else closer to home.....this dealership is the closest one to me listed as a ram truck service center on Rams website. Currently waiting for the service manager to call me.....incredible.

i hope "Ram Cares" still reads through these things...this is the type of thing that will push me back to Ford.
FYI this is an industry problem and not a specific manufacturer problem. Have had a half dozen manufacturers myself and every one of them including Ford has had ****** dealers. That's the problem, finding a dealer who has people who are competent and not snakes. I'm lucky this time because I have a Toyota dealer an hour from me that has a great service department who will work on anything for a reasonable price every time. I take my RAM there because the CJDR dealers around me (about 4) all are poor.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Was this issue finally sorted out to your satisfaction?

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Luckily I havent needed any warranty work done recently. I have had to go back to the dealer for 5 recalls so far this year. I will say this that the local dealers ( all brands) still dont hardly have anything new to sell on their lots, so they are dead. But the service dept is always jumping with activity every time I go in there.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We have found two different dealers that do Master Work. Slimans CJDR in Amherst Ohio for the RAM, and Ed Tomko CDJR in Avon Lake Ohio for the wife's Jeep. We originally were only using the Selling dealer, Klaben CDJR in Kent Ohio. It just got to be too far to drive to. They also do excellent work. Ed Tomko was where I wanted to take the RAM, since we found them close and very customer oriented. They told me they did not have a Master Mechanic for the 2500, but THEY RECOMMENDED Slimans because they did. Been happy with both for service.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck getting an answer. He only made one post on this subject and hasn’t been on the site in over a month.

Yes, I know, it was a shot in the dark.

I saw the OP was last online on May 23rd.

I was surprised that @RamCares never responded to the thread. They usually respond within 36 hours when I've pinged them in the past.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I wish he would come back. I would like to know what dealer this was.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
The waiting for parts is ridiculous. Wife's Gladiator started having death wobble in January. Took it to the dealer. They diagnosed a bad steering stabilizer, known issue. Part on back order. They FINALLY just called me last week saying the part came in. Almost 6 months. Did they expect my wife to drive an unsafe vehicle for 6 months, most likely destroying the entire front end suspension and steering in that time? Or park it? Did they offer me a loaner or rental until the part came in? No. Just basically "your screwed with an unsafe vehicle for whoever knows how long" is what I got from the dealer and FCA/Stellantis.

I did not wait 6 months. I didn't even wait 2 weeks. I bought a Bilstein stabilizer and installed it myself. Problem solved.

You have to ask yourself how long you are willing to wait versus how much money you are willing to spend to fix it yourself.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

........."and the beat goes on, la de da da da!". As I age, I see more and more the decay in customer/ service provider or business relationships, whereas the business is represented by "Who cares?" employees.
I have no idea why these people are so galvanized toward customers' needs.
As the older, give a sheet people die/ retire, and are replaced with entitled snot-nosed trolls.... the business climate continues to deteriorate.

Now that I've said MY piece, here's how I'd handle it: I'd document every word, expression and innuendo that transpires in this issue. This would include informed recording of phone calls and iphone videos of in-person interactions.

If they have no problem issuing a directive to drive the truck with an oil leak, I'd get THAT in writing! Then, if the engine seizes up, they'd be on the hook for that, at least here in Texas.

Ultimately, a friendly, timely resolve would be the most desirable. I'd call around and find the part myself, have it replaced at a trustworthy place after all that has transpired. Then, I'd forward a diary of the events with the bill and demand reimbursement. It's a gamble. RAM cares MIGHT help, who knows?

Bottom line, how motivated are you to look past the injustices and fix the truck, and then pursue satisfaction?

BTW: When I've had problems in the past, my informing them of the diary I'm keeping along with informing them of me recording the entire transaction has resulted in heel-clicking, rapid satisfaction for me many times.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi there,

We'd like to hear whether your concerns were resolved, and discuss any further concerns you may have. Please follow up with us via private message and let us know if you are still experiencing any concerns.

Lex
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes, I know, it was a shot in the dark.

I saw the OP was last online on May 23rd.

I was surprised that @RamCares never responded to the thread. They usually respond within 36 hours when I've pinged them in the past.

Hello,

Thank you for tagging us and bringing this to our attention. We appreciate it.

Lex
Ram Cares

OP
OP
M

Munkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi there,

We'd like to hear whether your concerns were resolved, and discuss any further concerns you may have. Please follow up with us via private message and let us know if you are still experiencing any concerns.

Lex
Ram Cares
Nothing greatly resolved. Finally got truck back with repairs done, but it was returned filthy...they didnt even clean the engine bay from the oil leak OR the interior from their work. At that point i just wanted my truck back so gave up. The absolute worse service i have had from a dealer.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the update.

I understand your annoyance if the dealership didn't clean up all the leakage & mess. That's not acceptable to me either but were all the repairs completed correctly, besides the mess?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Nothing greatly resolved. Finally got truck back with repairs done, but it was returned filthy...they didnt even clean the engine bay from the oil leak OR the interior from their work. At that point i just wanted my truck back so gave up. The absolute worse service i have had from a dealer.
Thanks for following up. We are glad your repairs were completed, but sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. This certainly isn't what we hope for our loyal customers. Please reach out to us via private message if you ever run into future concerns or need any assistance. We would love the opportunity to assist.

Lex
Ram Cares