Thanks from a happy ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duck Dodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 liter
So I am a new user here. I have an 05 SLT Quad cab 4x4 with 165,000 miles on her. Wanted to say Thank You!!!! Having a place to go to research this stuff and get recommendations has been tremendously helpful. I'm not a repair guy at all! So here's what I've done in the last 2 months. Let me tell you, this ****** is happy happy happy!!!

Level kit
Bilstein 5100's all around
TOYO Open Country 35's on 18in Incubus Off Road Rims
Replaced all ignition coils and plugs with oem
Magnaflow 14 inch exhaust with y pipe (this is my favorite so far - sounds mean)
Flushed the radiator and replaced Thermostat (had a wonky temp gauge, not anymore)
Brake Job with all new rotors
Weathertech mats all around (these things are awesome)
Weathertech window deflectors
Coverking seat covers in Tule Pattern
Transmission Service
Fuel Injection system serviced
AirRaid CAI
Chrome bug shield
Chrome grill
Chrome Nerf Bars
Mallard Head Hitch Cover

Next up- BDS 6in lift with the rear leaf springs option

Best Wishes and Thanks Again!

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to RamForum. Glad to see another member taking pride in his Ram.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to see the BDS lift... the rear leaf option is the kit I dream about!

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
Sounds like a great truck!! Lets see some pics!!!

OP
OP
Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 liter
Update

So since I last checked in, I swapped my stock 3.55 gears for 4.56 Yukon/USA Standard high performance gears. Replaced all the pinion and carrier bearings, Yukon Master differential overhaul kits f/r, pinion seals and crush sleeves. For those who said this is the best upgrade you can do, they were right!!! After the 35's were put on, my gas mileage tanked, and 1st and 2nd gear was lagging. I'm 75 miles into the break-in. I can tell you gas mileage is much improved - 12.75 city during those 75 miles. Freeway yet to be determined. Jaws gear and axle said I would see 20% power increase. It feels like even more (even though I haven't really got on it yet). It now has power it never had before. The new LEER 100XQ top might be helping the mileage as well with the improved aerodynamics. So I'll finish the break in this weekend, have diff oil changed as recommended, then I'll take trip up to Tahoe and get on her. Thanks again for all the suggestions, she is almost complete. I held off on the lift kit in lieu of the gear change. But hopefully I'll see that in the near future also. For those wanting to know what the cost was for the gear change, not for the feignt of heart $2443.68 Hope the picture posts this time.

Attachments

• 20160423_132850.jpg
    20160423_132850.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31