The dreaded lowbeam issue with my headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrenchToast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Ok so I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I'm having the issues with the passenger low beam being out while the driver low beam works. Both high beams work. the bulb from out of the passenger side works fine as well after testing in the driver side plug. I have searched around the web and have found several things that could be causing this. One thing seems to keep popping up and that's the TIPM. Well. I'm probably going to have to go through the splice method to temporarily correct this problem. (this happened ironicaly the month of my state inspection and I don't have $1000 to throw out on a new TIPM)

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to all the computer and electrical diagrams for this stuff so pictures are welcome if anyone has done this before or has information that could be helpful please share.

I'm looking to splice my two low beams wires together right after they come out of the TIPM. Problem is i can't find anything on the web as far as identifying the wires on the connectors leading into the TIPM. If anyone can help with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm also open to new suggestions as far as fixing this issue.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
check your connector on the failing side to make sure the conductor is firmly seated into the connector and that there is no dirt, corrosion or water in there.

Razorface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem, except opposite side, I thought the bulb was burned out so then I unplugged the connector and with a test light I found there was no juice to the low beam, where do I check now?