The Snowbird Assault Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my98ramquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my 1998 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.2 Magnum. It started out pretty rough and has come a long way in a short period of time. Fortunately I found it in a repo lot and didn't have to pay much for it. Here is the list of everything wrong when I found it. Wrecked in the passenger front into the door, radiator busted, grille missing, by-pass hose from the water pump to the intake, (people thought it was a blown head gasket) seats were completely destroyed to the point that the only thing left of the passenger side was the metal bottom, and then of course the dash board, mine though is busted behind the bezel and the top is fine, so I am on the hunt for a new complete dash assembly. So I replaced the door, fender, turn signal, tail light, seats, grille, etc. I sprayed the door and fender off the truck, then wet sanded and buffed after I installed them. It is a work in progress so any pointers always appreciated.

Attachments

• truckpassbefore.jpg
    truckpassbefore.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 61
  • truckbefore.jpg
    truckbefore.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 159
  • truckapart.jpg
    truckapart.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 60
  • finished1.jpg
    finished1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 62
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 58

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
with that thread title i was expecting to see a ram on tracks and armored hahaha

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha me too!

What's the plan for the truck to make it live up to the thread name?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like it already came with a few "pre-assaults" on its record.

OP
OP
M

my98ramquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well already installed dual air horns on it so the hearing and visually impaired snow birds will hear me when they either 1. Pull out in front of the not so obvious ********* truck or 2. try to cut me off with again a not so easy to spot ********* truck. (can you sense the sarcasm) I would like to make it into a rally type looking truck sense it is a two wheel drive. I will be using from time to time to pull the car hauler we have at the shop, so I will be installing air bag helper springs. Looking for a decent wheel and tire package, not going to run a whole lot of wheel and rubber band low profile tires. Nothing wrong with them, just not the look or ride I am looking for on this one. Found the speaker box that will fit under the rear seat that I can run a couple 12's which will be just right for Slip knot, Avenged Sevenfold etc.

OP
OP
M

my98ramquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are a few more pics of the process that it has already gone through. Again if anyone knows where I can get a new dash "skeleton" it would be greatly appreciated. I even tracked down the original Mopar part number and nothing. Oh I forgot to mention in the original post that the paint on the door and fender just happens to be rattle can black with rattle can clear. Didn't want to truly spray it until I go and do the whole thing in the spring. (well normal spring months since Florida really don't have more than 2 seasons. Summer and Hurricane season. lol)

Attachments

• bedrail1.jpg
    bedrail1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 36
  • bedrail.jpg
    bedrail.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 35
  • bedrail2.jpg
    bedrail2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
  • bedrail5.jpg
    bedrail5.jpg