think its totaled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sorry to hear about that man, but glad your safe!

Honestly... I'd venture to say it's probably not totalled. Mine had $18K of damage to it from the tornado, and the insurance company said it's a $46K truck, that would need $25-28K in damage to be totalled. Ripple in the hood doesn't look that bad, I wouldn't say it definately has frame damage just from that. Even the fender, body and hood don't look that bad. And minor frame damage is fixable, provided it doesn't contine far into the truck.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Ouch that sucks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Damn. That reminds me of my friend who totaled his 96 vette. His girl went to the hospital. Thank god your okay.

Was it like a power slide?

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn. Glad you're ok. Can't really tell by those pics if it's totaled or not

OP
OP
S

Saunders1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless you're planning on racing, you might as well save yourself $10k and get a WRX, same looks, similar performance. Don't get me wrong, I've had a couple STi's and loved them, but the 2011's don't have a big enough gap between them to make the $$$ worth it.

i can see where your coming from, but here in canada the price isnt that much different, the wrx is 34000 and the sti is 39000, for 5 grand i would rather have the sti, better engine, better brakes, and a way better transmission, the wrx 5 speed tends to blow up around 330hp... and im the kind of guy who tends to add a lot of modifications

ouch man, I ******' cringed when I saw that pic!

admit it! you cringed because you seen a set of your headlights destroyed .. lol

Honestly... I'd venture to say it's probably not totaled. Mine had $18K of damage to it from the tornado, and the insurance company said it's a $46K truck, that would need $25-28K in damage to be totaled. Ripple in the hood doesn't look that bad, I wouldn't say it definitely has frame damage just from that. Even the fender, body and hood don't look that bad. And minor frame damage is fixable, provided it doesn't continue far into the truck.

do you have any pics of your trucks damage? i went back again to take another look (this is like 10 times now) the wheel itself is pushed over it seams, and on the drivers side the wheel is pushed out.... i donno man, but if im paying this much money for a truck, i dont want a "fixed" frame.

Wtf happened

we had high winds, wind blew my truck, i over corrected and hit the cliff after nailing the brakes....

Was it like a power slide?

Nope, not a power slide, the ram dont do those to well...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Oh man that sucks. I would hope they total it

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
admit it! you cringed because you seen a set of your headlights destroyed .. lol

actually, the first pic.....I couldn't see a headlight! LOL

but........ouch man.

XCELLR8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I was rear ended 3 years ago, the insurance co. told me that they don't total a car unless the damage is 80% of the car's value.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Ouch, glad your OK.
Make sure the person doing the estimate takes some stuff off so they can see the underlying damage too. With it being a $40k+ truck your gonna need over $20K in damages.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm no insurance company but that looks like alot of damage. Glad to know you're alright man...ouch

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
1. Glad your okay accidents suck

2. Raptor is ugly

3. Did you hit your head to want to get something other than the truck that saved your life?

I rest my case good look in your adventure I know it can be stressful.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Glad you are ok. I'd say whether it's totaled depends on the extent of the frame damage. If minimal and only needs minor tweaking then I'd say that's probably about 20k in damage.

REQN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to hear you're doing alright. No matter what the insurance company says I hope you get what you want out of it haha. I'm sure you love your truck but no one wants to drive something that could have problems just because an adjuster thought it would be ok to fix.

OP
OP
S

Saunders1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol, no i didnt hit my head... i loved the ram, still do, i visit it every few hours :( its really tearing me up inside that its sitting there like that :( , chances of me getting a raptor is about 1% chances of me getting a subaru wrx sti is about 98%, i know it prob sounds horrible, but i really hope they total it, because it wont ever be the same IMO, you can fix it, it may look pretty, but it wont be the same, 1 the paint will never be as good a factory, any body shop will tell you this, 2 truck will have lost its value, so if in the future i want to sell it/trade it ill be screwed, and 3... i wont ever trust it, 3 or 4 years down the road, the motor might go due to the impact or something. i dont want that worry :(, im so stressed its not even funny, my friends are starting to make jokes about me camping out with my truck, because im always there.... insurance set me up with a ford fusion rental, what a heap of ****!

OP
OP
S

Saunders1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
funny you should say that, i was just pricing a powerwagon..... am i missing something, no cummins option?