this happen to anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm having fog light issues after having my viper remote start installed. The day I picked it up I noticed that they were out so I mentioned it and they brought it back in the shop and was able to get them going again but wasn't sure how?. Basically they just came on by themselves. Well tonight they are off again. When I pull the switch out to activate the little light on the switch comes on. Anyone have this happen to them?

PutinRUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
are you running any relay kits from your fog lights (if you have hids for example). If you do, try checking your fuses for corrosion. Check all your plugs and make sure there is no water inside, and mainly check the bulbs.

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No relay kit as far as I know. I don't have HID. Unless they had to run relays for the car starter. The bulbs are good, as I mentioned sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Is it possible to have a problem with the light switch itself? Perhaps it's not making connection when I pull it out. I don't have any issues with my headlights so I know that part of the switch works.

PutinRUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I would check relays firstly. Mine are HIDS and I have a relay wiring kit running through them. I've noticed after my first engine wash my relay itself started to get some corrosion, and therefore, my fogs would just not turn on. First good step would be to check your relays, and then move on into wiring. Could be just a ripped or loosened wire that's giving you trouble.

Also, like you've mentioned I think it would be a good idea to check your light switch as well as mine is kind of loose as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Williamx