This is how my new truck should have been....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Not trying to hijack or sidetrack, but how did you get the white residue off? I have the same thing but seems to keep coming back.

All Purpose Cleaner on a Utility Towel will take it right off.

From there, treat it with a product like our Super VRT to keep it nice and black.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was so glad when I bought my truck that they didn't have time to 'clean it'.
"Bring it in whenever and we'll wash it up for ya"
"No, that's ok, I'd much rather do it m'self"

I still had the circles on the windshield from the suction cups that installed the windshield.
I thought it was kind of neat honestly!

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
My dealer told me up front they dont fill up the tanks anymore. So I made damn sure my trade was running on fumes when I turned over the keys.

Ike

Same with me. I got a $25 gas voucher and the truck was on empty. My Grand Cherokee was just about empty when I traded it in.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
What colour is that truck? It looks almost like the chameleon colours where it changes depending on the angle as you look down the truck.

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer told me up front they dont fill up the tanks anymore. So I made damn sure my trade was running on fumes when I turned over the keys.

Ike

that sucks because dealers are reimbursed from manufacture on all new cars

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that sucks because dealers are reimbursed from manufacture on all new cars

Thats probably true, but salesman said they no longer get reimbursed by the Manufacturer, whether or not thats true, I do not know, but if you give me an empty tank, thats what I will turn in, Im not leaving gas in there for the salesmen and sales mgrs to run errands on.
Ike

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
My G8 was SO low, that I had my brother follow me to the gas station because I thought there was NO way I was going to make it there. It's fairly common now. Especially for me since our vehicles are just dropped at a dealer who makes 100 bucks to get it ready for me. Personally I tell them not to touch them when they come in so that they don't damage the paint, but that's not always possible.

Chris

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work as a detailer and lube tech part time at a dealer and we are very **** about how our vehicles look. All new sold cars get a full tank. We do alot at our dealer and honestly I dont know how it would run without us. Im not sure on other dealers but we make sure sold cars look great.

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Every new vehicle I buy gets a clay bar, light compound and then polish with my porter cable 7424. It gives the proper finish for years to come but pretty much wastes a weekend. They should come from the dealer like this to begin with. Nice work on your truck!!!!

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
.... When I drove it off the damned lot!

After about 17 hours of correcting swirls, micro swirls, scuffs, surface scratches, water scale, bird bomb etchings, nuclear fallout, moderate to sever plaque psoriasis.... You name it...

I (Mostly) used Adam's Polishes. I Do not have any decent before pics. It's been overcast and hard to get a good photo of micro-swirls with my lighting. I HAVE NoT put the glaze or wax on yet. Just finished the Machine Super Sealant.

It will sit there... Tomorrow, after I finish my jobs I have to do... I will do the BG and Americana.

Ignore the bottom 3 photos.. I'm learning tapatalk.

[a5utaby4.jpg
ygupu8em.jpg
ejy9a2es.jpg

Looks frickin awesome.

I drive a black truck....i need your help. Haha!:help:

Seriously, I have always wanted to learn how to correctly detail my own vehicles. I always hand wash (and do a great job btw) and do the interior, but then Im clueless. No idea on how to buff/polish/wax/ ect., ect...

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to learn this info? Or if someone in the DFW area ever needs a helper, I will work my A*# off just to watch and learn.

Sorry to get off subject.

Your truck is killer, and you really know your stuff. Great job! :rockit:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Now that's a good looking truck, great job.

As for the cleaning at the dealership issue, I had the same problem. They "cleaned" mine but the inside of the windshield was so dirty I almost crashed driving it home and had to stop to pickup some windex before I got home with the truck. Truck has a few scratches on it and still has number marks on the wheels and chalk marks on the windows. I'm not too **** about that stuff so I'm going to get it taken care of when I get a chance.

I was somehow able to get them to fill up the tank for me. Although I told them I was in a hurry and it somehow took them 45 minutes to drive the truck about a quarter of a mile and then back from the gas station :mad:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not trying to hijack or sidetrack, but how did you get the white residue off? I have the same thing but seems to keep coming back.
A pencil eraser will

OP
OP
KickToTheJunk

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks frickin awesome.

I drive a black truck....i need your help. Haha!:help:

Seriously, I have always wanted to learn how to correctly detail my own vehicles. I always hand wash (and do a great job btw) and do the interior, but then Im clueless. No idea on how to buff/polish/wax/ ect., ect...

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to learn this info? Or if someone in the DFW area ever needs a helper, I will work my A*# off just to watch and learn.

Sorry to get off subject.

Your truck is killer, and you really know your stuff. Great job! :rockit:

Check out Adamsforums.com

I'm not a fanboy anymore for personal reasons but they do have the best system and product line for the beginner to the pro.

The real ingredient for perfect paint is patience. If you don't have the time, you're wasting money. This truck took 20 hours to correct and I'm still not happy with it.
---------------------------------------
As for those talking about the dealer detailing/washing the truck... I'm a detailing enthusiast. I've been paid for many corrections and detail jobs... So the last people I want washing, touching, doing jerk-burnouts with my new truck is an $8/hr guy using 5 gallon bucket branded car wash soap and a scrub brush on a stick on the paint that I'm about to correct.

My issue was with the fact that this dealer never washes a single car ever no matter what. I'm there all the time. I see it all the time.

The white residue on the moldings (door jambs, etc)... Start with light duty then gradually move harder. Start with rubbing alcohol, then try white vinegar, then try more harsh things like cleansers. Adams APC should work and 1:1 dilution assures you're not hurting anything or wasting product. Whatever you use.. Follow thru with a non-silicone product like Adams SVRT to recondition the rubber and prevent drying, cracking, etc.

I got a free tank of 87 octane. I Ran that out and put 89 in. Cheap ********.

I DID get the extended warranty out of them for $0 along with a windshield and ding/dent warranty (elite something or other) free. They tried to get me for the $685 oil change package. I'm only 42 yrs old. I do my own maintenance and use higher quality products than the dealer will. 55 gallon drum oil is crap. Doubt ill go royal purple but have always been a mobil1 fan.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I love the truck. Don't see myself trading this one in as fast as the others I've has the lat few years.

Just wish I could add a stock backup cam and fix the issues with the 8.4a. My dealer is clueless.

Faniman57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
the last people I want washing, touching, doing jerk-burnouts with my new truck is an $8/hr guy using 5 gallon bucket with branded car wash soap and a scrub brush on a stick

Sounds like the guys from my shop. I cant tell you how many times we get cars that I've just painted coming back in the shop because of scratches at detail. I swear they never clean their brushes or use their brains.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most(not all) dealership detailers(wash rack helpers) think that steel wool and microfiber is the same thing. I never never let them touch my new vehicles, I always tell them leave it alone, I'll do it myself. It will save you hours and hours of work and it will be better for your blood pressure.
Kelli25-- go to autopia.org--this is a professional detailer site where professional detailers discuss the products they use, how they use them, and show you the results of their work. The site is free. They even discuss products other than Adam's.
Jay

Last edited: