THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE WHEN RAMS COLLIDE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I only fold mine out when towing for all the reasons mentioned.

For better field of view, put some 3" blind spot mirrors on the larger mirror glass so its oriented well for folded mirror driving and also for when they are extended.

Works great for me...but I've been using em for years. I actually wish I could get the original full glass ram tow mirrors, they had much better visibility than the split ones because you have to manually adjust the smaller split mirror after you fold/unfold so I usually just leave em adjusted for towing and use my 3" blind spots for regular driving...

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the puddle light is fine. Seems to function perfectly and aside from that small corner of plastic breaking off....no big deal. But I do use the small tow mirror a lot. I need to fix that asap

Did you check Rock Auto online? Their prices are usually pretty good. I’m in the Great White North and they beat most prices up here even with exchange and delivery.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you check Rock Auto online? Their prices are usually pretty good. I’m in the Great White North and they beat most prices up here even with exchange and delivery.
I haven’t yet. But I will.

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep mine out all the time, they're 10 times better folded out than folded in and im not going to compromise comfort of driving my truck because some think it looks funny. I guess in Az the roads are just big or something I don't have the issue except an occasional low hanging side of the road tree.

Anthony Kalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My Question is where either one of y’all Towing anything or did you both have the mirrors extended just to look the part ???

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My Question is where either one of y’all Towing anything or did you both have the mirrors extended just to look the part ???
Being completely honest, neither were towing. I do tow quite often....almost weekly. But as discussed above, the mirrors are ten times more functional in the extended position. And being that mine is a lifted HD with oversized tires, it looks way better too. But I have stopped since this happened. We have skinny turning lanes in my AO and I am pretty careful not to get dents. This thing needs to last me at least another 10 years

Philav

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM 2500
Engine
Mine were broken by a Ford Transit with tow mirrors. I got mine from Car Parts for 42.00.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine were broken by a Ford Transit with tow mirrors. I got mine from Car Parts for 42.00.
I found a replacement on eBay for about 24.00 I think. Went ahead and ordered two....you never know

My mirror turn signal got cracked as you can see in the OP. That’s the expensive part but mine is still functioning perfectly so I’ll probably let it go.

RamItFaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins
Personally, I've rarely given two sh!its about what people think. I tend to follow Common Sense. If I can see better with my mirrors in "Tow" position I will do so, same with my backup camera, I rarely use it because I look at it as a crutch for backing up. I want to be aware of my surroundings at all times and Tow Mirrors help with that so that's how I'm going to drive.

bigcitymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At least we ain't driving the Ford, their mirrors are permanently in tow position

To be fair, the Fords have a telescopic mirror. You can bring that elephant ear housing in and out about 3 inches. Extended they hang out there pretty far, but if you bring them in, they're pretty tight with the door. I honestly wouldn't mind it if Ram copied the design. I happen to think what Ford has tow mirror wise is a pretty good solution.

Also, shame on Ram for have a power mirror, but not at the same time powering the convex visibility mirror (or whatever you call the small mirror). You got to level up a trim package to get power remote access to the little mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500