thoughst on Bass Blockers for doors when installing subs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
this could also help with door rattle right? since the bass would be playing out of the subs instead of the 6x9 and 6.5" in the doors?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I put bass blockers in my doors after installing a sub....it definitely helps get rid of the door rattle.

Beast_TX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My subs vibrate my panels anyway. I put deadener on doors to fix rattle. I would definitely like base blockers for the kicker 3.5's though.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Without aftermarket subs, the alpine system I can turn up to max volume even on a bass heavy rap song. Only dash and door speakers replaced with infinity and jbl, but to stop rattle I did some butyl sheets and closed cell foam, zero rattle now. I found the rattle was coming from the area above the controls where the silver looking door detail is. If you press on areas of door when rattle happens and it goes away, remove panel and do 1 layer of closed cell foam behind it, if continues add another layer until enough pressure is on the area to stop rattle, easy and cheap fix. Got the foam(enough for all 4 doors from china for under $10) is self stick.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Alpine system has crossovers built into the amp.

Beast_TX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Without aftermarket subs, the alpine system I can turn up to max volume even on a bass heavy rap song. Only dash and door speakers replaced with infinity and jbl, but to stop rattle I did some butyl sheets and closed cell foam, zero rattle now. I found the rattle was coming from the area above the controls where the silver looking door detail is. If you press on areas of door when rattle happens and it goes away, remove panel and do 1 layer of closed cell foam behind it, if continues add another layer until enough pressure is on the area to stop rattle, easy and cheap fix. Got the foam(enough for all 4 doors from china for under $10) is self stick.

Link to where you bought it?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the only ones i would put them on is the dash speakers since they are ran in parallel with the doors getting full range (non alpine).

there are frequencies a sub doesnt hit that are filled in by the co-ax type speaker

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BCAE1.com - OP do some reading. With that being said, I will never use bass blockers unless someone is on a super tight budget. Other than that actual crossovers should be used.

And even then I would NEVER cross mids at 150. 100 at the highest, ideally I am for 63 if they can play it.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Bought the noico sound deadening online and closed cell from ali express.