Thoughts on fitcamx dash cam for 1500 ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has anyone install or used the fircamx dash cam? With all the crazyness on the road or parking lots looking to install a built in dash cam instead of the others I have had in the past.

Looking to see if any of you have real world experience with the following:

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
KevsRam23, just wondering if you pulled the trigger on this?

I was thinking of buying the same thing. Several YouTube reviews make it look worthwhile. I like the seamless look and no dangling wires or suction cup mounts.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I put one in my ‘22 Ram 1500 Longhorn. Super easy to install. No issues. Good picture. I don’t really mess with it much. I have had it almost 1 year now

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don’t overspend on your dash cam. Regardless of brand, they all use one of two sensors. They all come with a bunch of useless features that you will never use. I’ve got a simple Amazon Chortau dashcam that was $55 3 years ago. Got one for the girlfriends car, too. Pick where you want it to hang; run your cable; pick your video length; set the time; shove an SD card in it; learn how to save clips and never think of it again.

IMG_3941.png

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using a Redtiger F7NP dash cam, 4k front and 1080 rear. Excellent quality videos.

what would really be cool is if they came out with an OEM tailgate cam with a USB C port that you could connect another camera to it....like to the back of a trailer. Design it so that when plugged in, the OEM camera would turn off and the extended camera would take it's place.

I believe some new models have the option to do that now, but i'm talking an aftermarket replacement for earlier trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevsRam23

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
KevsRam23, just wondering if you pulled the trigger on this?

I was thinking of buying the same thing. Several YouTube reviews make it look worthwhile. I like the seamless look and no dangling wires or suction cup mounts.
I have not yet still looking and I agree I like the clean look! Just looking around and trying to see day in the life with it still

OP
OP
KevsRam23

KevsRam23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don’t overspend on your dash cam. Regardless of brand, they all use one of two sensors. They all come with a bunch of useless features that you will never use. I’ve got a simple Amazon Chortau dashcam that was $55 3 years ago. Got one for the girlfriends car, too. Pick where you want it to hang; run your cable; pick your video length; set the time; shove an SD card in it; learn how to save clips and never think of it again.

View attachment 536317
How did you run the cable could you share how you have it set up just looking to get ideas on budge if needed

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is one of the better dashcam review vids: https://youtu.be/4AnyhHl3_tE?si=JNG_dvbR4SqX_arY

I’ve got the camera right beside the rear view mirror on the right side. I have a long usb cord. It runs from the top of the camera in between the windshield and headliner under the top of the plastic a-pillar liner then between the liner and rubber door seal down to the passenger footwell. It then tucks up under the plastic of the glove box and out through the center storage cubbie of the center console where it plugs into a splitter for the cig lighter socket.
IMG_3950.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg

Last edited:

Realtalk3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone install or used the fircamx dash cam? With all the crazyness on the road or parking lots looking to install a built in dash cam instead of the others I have had in the past.

Looking to see if any of you have real world experience with the following:

I have it installed on my Ram Rebel. I've had it about 3months. Install was pretty simple. I wanted something more oem style. Price wasn't all that bad..yeah I probably will never use the app much, but no worries for me..so far no issues, I've downloaded a few of the videos to see both front and rear camera. Works for me. No wires showing, nothing to stick to window, nice clean look and most people don't even know you have it which is even better.

Attachments

• IMG_7870.jpeg
    IMG_7870.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7869.jpeg
    IMG_7869.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 26

skates15

Reaction score
I have it installed on my Ram Rebel. I've had it about 3months. Install was pretty simple. I wanted something more oem style. Price wasn't all that bad..yeah I probably will never use the app much, but no worries for me..so far no issues, I've downloaded a few of the videos to see both front and rear camera. Works for me. No wires showing, nothing to stick to window, nice clean look and most people don't even know you have it which is even better.
How did you run the cable? I like the OEM look.
Edit: I just watched a video, so you just plug in the lower and good to go.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Fitcamx on my 2022 about 6 months ago....so far, no problems with it at all!

Swsoccer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
I just installed the Fitcamx dash cam today (Front and rear), took about 30 minutes to complete the install. Very clean installation. I found it easy to remove the rear view mirror cover. Running the cable to the rear camera was much easier than I thought it would be. No wires showing, you will have some excess cable, but was able to secure and tuck it away in the roof liner on the passenger side. You just need to pull down the door seals on the passenger side doors to run the cables in the roof lining. I like the OEM look.