Three Weeks Ago I Loved my New 2015 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lapriester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I'm not so sure. Two weeks ago, with 300 miles on the truck, I discovered a failed CV boot throwing grease everywhere. I took it to a local dealer instead of driving it 150 miles round trip to the dealer I purchased it from. That seemed the prudent thing to do. That was on March 17th. Yeah, that's right, March 17th. They ordered the CV boot under warranty that day. The part was in stock at their East Coast Warehouse. It still hasn't arrived at the dealer. Maybe, they say???? Tomorrow??? Seriously, a CV boot ordered more than two weeks ago still hasn't arrived?? IMHO there is absolutely no excuse or reasonable explanation why they chose to ship a part that could have been dropped in the mail and arrive at the dealership in two days by some fly by night Pony Express shipper. Totally unacceptable that my truck has been sitting for going on three weeks waiting for a $25, one pound part to be shipped by the slowest method they could come up with (and BTW the routine shipper they use I was told). Right now I am well into a serious Customer Service complaint. Dodge, right now, ranks number one :flipthebird: at my house. Virtually nothing they could do at this point would make a happy customer.:mad3:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother's truck power steering went out and since it was under warranty still (2012) he just had the dealer ship to fix it. Took 3 weeks to get it in and then another 2 weeks to get it installed... And they wouldn't even give him a rental car either...

Same thing similar happen to my mom.

Which is why i'll probably never want to buy a new truck, just to avoid all the chaos..

VectorZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This guy is posting the same story over on the "other" forum. DUDE, get it together, **** happens, if you are under such severe emotional distress sell the damn thing and buy a Ford! If this is the worst thing that is happening in your life you're doing okay.

Where is the block button anyway?

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
[...] Two weeks ago [...] That was on March 17th. Yeah, that's right, March 17th. [...] CV boot ordered more than two weeks ago [...] truck has been sitting for going on three weeks [...]
If you write another paragraph, will it become a month?

March 17 was ten days ago. It's an unacceptably long time already; there's no need to stretch the truth.

Just think...after this is fixed, your Ram may live to be 200,000 miles old and never have another major problem. Or Chrysler may turn out to compensate you and make everything right. Did you ask for a rental/loaner car? Ask for a time estimate? Keep in touch with them every day if you didn't get one?

Don't suppose you lifted the truck or anything after you bought it, did you?

Either way, relax. Going full nutjob on forums isn't going to get you the truck back any faster.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I'm not so sure. Two weeks ago, with 300 miles on the truck, I discovered a failed CV boot throwing grease everywhere. I took it to a local dealer instead of driving it 150 miles round trip to the dealer I purchased it from. That seemed the prudent thing to do. That was on March 17th. Yeah, that's right, March 17th. They ordered the CV boot under warranty that day. The part was in stock at their East Coast Warehouse. It still hasn't arrived at the dealer. Maybe, they say???? Tomorrow??? Seriously, a CV boot ordered more than two weeks ago still hasn't arrived?? IMHO there is absolutely no excuse or reasonable explanation why they chose to ship a part that could have been dropped in the mail and arrive at the dealership in two days by some fly by night Pony Express shipper. Totally unacceptable that my truck has been sitting for going on three weeks waiting for a $25, one pound part to be shipped by the slowest method they could come up with (and BTW the routine shipper they use I was told). Right now I am well into a serious Customer Service complaint. Dodge, right now, ranks number one :flipthebird: at my house. Virtually nothing they could do at this point would make a happy customer.:mad3:

Obviously, unlike some members, I get it....your just venting and, in a back handed way, you're asking for advice. Some people take things way to seriously and personally on these forums.

I would be wicked pissed too if my brand new truck was in the shop for those many days. I would press the issue about getting at least a rental for sure. My dealership just had my truck overnight this week for warranty work and I told them that I needed a rental and they gave it to me with no push back. I could see the dealership not wanting to pay for the rental for 10+ days so that's were Chrysler would need to step in. Also, I would try and get Chrysler to extend your warranty in good faith. Finally, as a very last resort, don't you have a lemon law in your State? Might be worth just researching it for now to know your rights. I hope this helped. :favorites13:

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well... to the OP's defence, I would probably be pretty heated over such an unacceptable wait time too. Years ago I worked at a GM dealership, parts that were ordered before 3 pm were in the system to be sent then, most overnighted and there next day. For an engine or trans, maybe a slight wait time, but for suspension pieces?? Yea, kinda no excuse, get it shipped and here!!

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If it's just a torn boot, couldn't you just drive it until the part arrived? I would. If not, then give me a loaner. Or, have me make a scene that could be heard at the original dealership 150 miles away.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Listen bottomline its a inconvenience, on a new truck in particular. But with parts shipping the way they do and with the technology we have the delays on recieving parts are BS!! My remote start was ordered by my dealer parts dept and took 10 business days to arrive from the "factory" meanwhile i emailed 3 internet Mopar parts site who told me they could ship it factory direct to my door standard shipping in 3 days so who's tugging on who's *****?!? Rant away OP if someone doesn't like your gripes they need not reply!

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Um.. pull the axel and CV from the truck. drive it until you get the new part. wont hurt a bit just wont have 4x4.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I get it. He is pissed and has a reason to be. He is paying for the truck and can't even use it. I took mine to a local dealership (big mistake) to have the dash fixed. The idiot "trim guy" left a few grease marks in my seat because he didn't cover it or even take the time to clean his hands off. Anyone know how to get them out? Cause I've tried three different things now and nothing! The people at the dealership don't care about our vehicles at all. Dodge has always had a terrible reputation for customer service. I complained in the survey they sent me and told them about my seat being screwed now in by brand new truck, no response. Surprise surprise! Best of luck bud!

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I managed to remove a bad stain from a felt-tip marker that leaked all over my seat. It took about 30-40 minutes, but 99% USP rubbing alcohol got it out.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should have driven the 150 miles round trip to the dealer you purchased it from. Having a local dealer do work on a new vehicle they did not sell never makes a dealer happy and they have no reason to accelerate things for you.

Just enjoy all that money you saved buying out of town??

VectorZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should have driven the 150 miles round trip to the dealer you purchased it from. Having a local dealer do work on a new vehicle they did not sell never makes a dealer happy and they have no reason to accelerate things for you.

I bought my truck out of town, I'm not dumb enough to give people lots of extra money just because they live in the same town as me. :roflsquared:

That said, my local dealer has been awesome and gives me a rental for any work that requires keeping the truck overnight. This guy should be pissed at the dealer, not RAM as a whole.

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like more of a complaint about the shipper/dealership rather than the truck.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I never said he shouldn't be pissed, nor that I wouldn't be (of course I would).

Just poking a bit about the steadily increasing time figures. :)

And trying to help calm things down a bit. Cool, rational thought might open up some new avenues of thought about how to get things done and get it back sooner.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6

this makes no sense

the warranty is there to be able to be serviced by any authorized dealer

i used to be a mercedes technician

there was never a time a service writer, came in and said hey dont work on this car as well as you work on other cars - just because joe shchmoe bought his benz 1 county over and not from us.

In fact, majority of dealerships has 2 separate businesses, one business of selling vehicles, one business of servicing the vehicles, do note these are 2x separate companies with different managers, and different expectations on how to keep their entities open running and profitable all while sharing the same name.

Or in other words, the service manager will not be able to get you a "sweet deal" on the purchase price of a vehicle on the lot, and nor can the sales manager be able to explain to you what is included in your service and how they amount up to the total # of charges from parts/labor

There was never a time a service writer would call the sales department to verify if this vehicle was purchased from us or from a competitor, nor would there be a time when the service writer is talking to the customer do they ask them "did you buy your vehicle from us"

this is 100% a made up urban myth that dealerships wont give you the same level of support if you take your vehicle to another authorized dealer

also when i serviced cars, with the license plate bracket from our competitors, it didnt even cross my mind that I should not work as hard as I can since this vehicle wasnt purchased from our lot..... its just absurd to think this is really being practiced, in my mind was take the job, finish it as fast as i could so i can flag my hours and get paid flatrate, not sit on the car so I cant get my ticket done - so i cant get paid for my hours..... it was straightup take the order, finish it, flag my hours as much as i could and hopefully get paid 12-15 hours of work in a 8 hour day. You cant do that if everybody is practicing this mentality of checking if this car was purchased from us, and if it wasnt go ahead and loose $ on flatrate time to let it sit there......

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
this makes no sense

the warranty is there to be able to be serviced by any authorized dealer

i used to be a mercedes technician

there was never a time a service writer, came in and said hey dont work on this car as well as you work on other cars - just because joe shchmoe bought his benz 1 county over and not from us.

In fact, majority of dealerships has 2 separate businesses, one business of selling vehicles, one business of servicing the vehicles, do note these are 2x separate companies with different managers, and different expectations on how to keep their entities open running and profitable all while sharing the same name.

Or in other words, the service manager will not be able to get you a "sweet deal" on the purchase price of a vehicle on the lot, and nor can the sales manager be able to explain to you what is included in your service and how they amount up to the total # of charges from parts/labor

There was never a time a service writer would call the sales department to verify if this vehicle was purchased from us or from a competitor, nor would there be a time when the service writer is talking to the customer do they ask them "did you buy your vehicle from us"

this is 100% a made up urban myth that dealerships wont give you the same level of support if you take your vehicle to another authorized dealer

also when i serviced cars, with the license plate bracket from our competitors, it didnt even cross my mind that I should not work as hard as I can since this vehicle wasnt purchased from our lot..... its just absurd to think this is really being practiced, in my mind was take the job, finish it as fast as i could so i can flag my hours and get paid flatrate, not sit on the car so I cant get my ticket done - so i cant get paid for my hours..... it was straightup take the order, finish it, flag my hours as much as i could and hopefully get paid 12-15 hours of work in a 8 hour day. You cant do that if everybody is practicing this mentality of checking if this car was purchased from us, and if it wasnt go ahead and loose $ on flatrate time to let it sit there......

That was Mercedes where they also care about their customers. This is chrysler where it seems like anymore dealers find new and creative ways to screw over their customers. My buddy at work used to work at the Chrysler dealer that had my truck. When he called the service writer to get an update (because he wouldn't call me back) the service writer said "we have to get him out of that rental, it is costing us too much money". Here is a weird concept, don't wait 2 weeks to even work on a vehicle and you wouldn't have to pay for a rental for so long...

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I get it. He is pissed and has a reason to be. He is paying for the truck and can't even use it. I took mine to a local dealership (big mistake) to have the dash fixed. The idiot "trim guy" left a few grease marks in my seat because he didn't cover it or even take the time to clean his hands off. Anyone know how to get them out? Cause I've tried three different things now and nothing! The people at the dealership don't care about our vehicles at all. Dodge has always had a terrible reputation for customer service. I complained in the survey they sent me and told them about my seat being screwed now in by brand new truck, no response. Surprise surprise! Best of luck bud!
I've had good luck in the past with brake parts cleaner for grease etc.

Just check in an inconspicuous spot to make sure it doesn't hurt the material.