Throttle Body Spacer 04 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeilyboBeily

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey All,

I am new to the forum and am wondering if I can get some insight on a throttle body spacer for my truck. I just installed a K&N intake yesterday, and I was reading some stuff on throttle body spacers and some said they only fit with the stock set-up. Is this true? What ones have worked for you guys?

I have a 2004 Hemi 5.7L
K&N Intake
Flowmaster Exhaust system
Super Chips tuner

Thank you all!

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
AS a long time Hot Rodder and motorcycle mech, I question the use of a throttle body spacer. What is the stated purpose? Does it cool the air to make it more dense, not the ones I have reviewed. One advert said it straightens the air flow path, for what reason, I ask. The air is delivered into the plenum chamber after passing through the TBS, if it was straight as it entered it is going to get bent racing to the cylinder that needs the air. Since the TB is only the door thru which passes, then would it not make more sense to smooth the passage, increase the diameter, add air horns, all to increase the air flow? I suggest adding a supercharger, belt driven or electric to increase the filling of the cylinders with a sight positive pressure. One to two pounds of positive pressure may very well suprise you with the increased performance. Proof the new HellCat, 707 HP, with supercharger. Try running a diesel without a turbo.

Good Luck

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Paper weight and or Lesson learned. Some CAI come with spacers but then again don't use them. I also found that on our trucks expensive CAI are just more noise than anything so after some cash spent i ended up doing a Modular Intake Tube (MIT) from airaid and a drop in K&N but then again mine is an 03.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Spacer plate, aren't they were the NOS nozzles go?

OP
OP
D

DeilyboBeily

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for your input. I'll put that $100 towards somewhere else. I was thinking something towards a shift kit or tortion bars or something to try and get the power to the wheels. What are your thoughts?

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A dry EFI intake wants smooth, straight flowing air...wet intakes such as with a carburetor can benefit on certain occasions by causing the air/fuel to spin and mix better...but even most of them prefer straighter flowing air into the intake runners.

A shift kit might be a decent investment, but unless you have tires that'll hook up, you'll be wasting money trying to get regular street tires to hook by getting traction bars or other suspension parts. But if the truck is a daily driver, you can't get too soft of a tire and expect to get any mileage of them.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i ended up doing a Modular Intake Tube (MIT) from airaid and a drop in K&N but then again mine is an 03.

On a strictly sound sound quality and volume note, where does the MIT plus drop in stand compared to stock?

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been running a TB spacer since it came with my Brute Force Intake since 2006. Just a few weeks ago I was cleaning my TB and decided to keep the spacer off, the truck was noticeably less powerful, I put it back on and now back to normal. Can't explain it, just the way it is.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I've been running a TB spacer since it came with my Brute Force Intake since 2006. Just a few weeks ago I was cleaning my TB and decided to keep the spacer off, the truck was noticeably less powerful, I put it back on and now back to normal. Can't explain it, just the way it is.

How about logging 0-60 back to back runs and see if you can detect a difference. At best it would be a very small change and for you to detect that change would take a very sensitive butt.... :)