Throttle Postioning Sensor location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 L
I run a search on here looking for this info but came up with nothing. So here is my problem I need some help with.

I bought a 1998 Dodge Ram with a bad tranny. The engine a 8.0 L - V 10 Ran perfect when I bought the truck. I started it several times and could move it around in reverse only as all forward gears were not working.

Any how I took it to a garage and had them pull the transmission so I could work on it. It took me about 3 weeks to DIY the rebuild on the transmission.

I delivered it back to the garage and they re- installed it.

But now the engine will not run. It will not even try to fire up. Being that the truck has 168K on the clock I went ahead and had them drop the tank and I installed a new Specter fuel pump module which comes with everything including a new float and sender. But the truck still does not run, in fact it won`t even try to fire up.

I made a couple phone calls and was told by one mechanic that there was a crankshaft positioning sensor some where on the back of the block near the bell housing and that the mechanic that R & R`ed the tranny probably bumped the sensor and that is whas keeping it from firing up.

What I need to know is where is the crankshaft positioning sensor located on the 8.0 L -V 10 engines and how will I recgonize it. Also with the miles on the vehicle should I just buy a new sensor for the truck?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Bandit 8

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
2010-12-04_210637_25.gif

67CA3E7C-808F-460F-8F53D3EF2B80BA5C.jpg

http://www.ramforum.com/f54/engine_tranny_systems_sensor_info_troubleshooting_guide-18583/

There's some info in this guide about the crankshaft position sensor. As for whether or not it should be changed or not... I'd say change it, all it can do is help! :waytogo: