Wheel sensor reading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crush23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've been a creeper for a few years and it's really helped me fix some of my previous issues.

I'm experiencing some issues with my 2010 Dodge Ram. I changed the left front wheel bearing in the summer. All was good for 2 months. Now my ABS/service 4x4 and traction control light is on. I had my brother scan the truck and the front left sensor was reading 400kph in park. So we assumed it was the sensor. So I bought one and plugged it in before installing it to see if the code would disappear and the lights are still on. I need some help where to look next.

Thanks in advance.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
5 or more Ignition cycles may be needed to fully clear the fault

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As mentioned, the code/lights do not always automatically turn off as soon as you replace the sensor. Generally it takes a period of time or a certain number of ignition cycles before the lights clear on their own. The quickest way to check would be to hook up the diagnostic tool and see if you were still getting that 400 kph signal or not. If it's back to saying zero, I would manually clear the codes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500