tire pressure for rebel wheels on a 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogs150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
anyone else have Rebel wheels and tires on their 1500? I put them on my 2017 1500 but confused about the tire pressure. my 275/60/ 20's were 40 psi. the rebel door sticker says 45 rear 55 on the front. the tires are 285/70 17 bf goodridge KO2's. I asked my tire shop and he thought 55 was crazy. he thought 40 psi was fine all around. Any thoughts

Sur5er

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't exceed Max Tire Pressure printed on the tire(s)

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Stock Rebel tires aren't KO2's. But they're both load range E tires so they might theoretically run at the same pressures. I had a 2017 Rebel and always ran at the 45/55 pressures listed on the door sticker with no issues, so I'd recommend those pressures. Not sure what that will do to your TPMS system though.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What the wheels came off of makes no difference. Use the door jamb sticker for your truck.
That's correct. Which is why I was referring to the 10 ply tires and said nothing about wheels. There's very little difference between a 4th gen Rebel and any other 4th gen 1500. The main difference is in the tires. I'd think the recommended pressures for the Rebel would translate to any other 4th gen 1500 using 10 ply tires.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone else have Rebel wheels and tires on their 1500? I put them on my 2017 1500 but confused about the tire pressure. my 275/60/ 20's were 40 psi. the rebel door sticker says 45 rear 55 on the front. the tires are 285/70 17 bf goodridge KO2's. I asked my tire shop and he thought 55 was crazy. he thought 40 psi was fine all around. Any thoughts

40 PSI sounds great to me.

Whatever the placard says on the other vehicle is quite irrelevant.
You can try out the pressures indicated on your 1500 to see if you like the performance.

I have 245/75/17 E-rated BFG KO2s for my winter wheels and usually use 40/42 R/F.

They're spectacular in deep snow. On rare occasions, they might slip a wee bit when I start from a full stop on steep hills with hard-packed snow but only when it gets really cold out.

Keep in mind that with added pressure, you may negatively affect traction when it gets colder or deeper snow.

My former truck, a '07 Tundra, was very finicky for tire pressures. I normally ran the tires at 2 PSI above the placard value of 33/30 R/F because the roadway ate the tires at that low pressure.

During the winter, with BFG KO2s, I had to run the placard pressures because it would just spin at most intersections.

I've run the Ram truck as high as 43/45 R/F and it still performed well, the 40/42 pressures are a compromise that I can live with.

You can always try the chalk test while experimenting with new tire pressures.

OP
OP
Hogs150

Hogs150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ah ha moment my tire are C load rated not E load rated 40 psi is actually on the high side 38 should be fine.5F25CAE5-21FD-45C1-92DA-0A139A1CB83D.jpeg

Last edited:

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't believe those are the OEM Rebel tires. If they are the C rated than max pressure you can run is only 50 psi....and they wouldn't have a sticker telling you to run 55 psi if that was the case.
In regards to the door jam stickers, the one on a truck is based off whatever tires (size, load rating, etc...) that come stock on it. If you change tires to a different size, load rating, etc... then the recommend pressures on that sticker are no longer applicable. They may be a good reference point, but I wouldn't solely rely on what it states because it was for a different tire. I would probably pay more attention to the door sticker on the donor truck because it was setup for that size tires. That is assuming the trucks themselves are pretty much the same (don't think there is any big weight differences between a Rebel and regular 1500).......and of course assuming it has the original, or at least equivalent, size tires on it. In this case the door stick on either truck is really not relevant. On one side you are putting different tires and wheels on your truck, and the donor truck does not have the OEM tires on it anyway. Not saying that is bad by any means, just that the door stickers should only be used for reference.
But after all that jabbering, 40 psi probably would be just fine in those tires. Playing around with the pressures and the chalk test will finalize what you need.
My last comment is that I'm surprised to hear people talk about the different of only a couple psi. You get that much around here in the colder months but from temperature changes during the day. On the race track yes, but for just normal driving I wouldn't say the difference between something like 39 psi versus 41 psi would be noticeable.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I run 40psi cold f/r on my E rated tires and they're great road feel and handling along with even wear across the entire face of all the tires.

My door sticker indicates 39psi cold f/r.