Toasted Dodge, new truck... done (pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That really suxs!! sorry to hear and see the pics.. well if Chrysler gets involved to that extent they might be looking into a possible recall if it was something from the factory and NOT the dealer. someone is responsible

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's been said a million times, but can not be said enough. Glad you're ok, the truck can be replaced. As for Chrysler, stay on them. They may try to just let your insurance company handle this, but it seems like this is quite possibly the dealer's fault. As for the service manager, go see him in person and let him try to blow you off. When (if) that happens, go straight to the general manager and voice your displeasure.
I'm not so good with self control. I fear that had this been me, I would have gone to the dealership and got arrested.

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow sucks man. Glad everyone is ok.

Curious why they are replacing you guys torque converters.

AlljackedupRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow!!! Glad you guys are ok... This is why I always have a fire extinguisher in any vehicle I own and drive... might save yours or someone elses ride!

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! Glad you're ok! Saw a 1st gen durango completely burned yesterday on the road. Not a good month for dodges. I'm getting my torque converter replaced here soon so I'll definitely keep an eye on my truck

Curious why they are replacing you guys torque converters.

There's a star case out for it

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So after doing some reading I can't find any issues of the Ram's going up in flame. Sorry to say this but it seems Ram's are a safe truck out there. Again sorry for your loss.

Btreat33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Again, Glad to hear no one was hurt... I just saw a Chrysler mini van in a similar situation from hitting a deer about 6 months ago, amazing how fast cars burn... Best of luck with getting the truck replaced.... Keep us posted!!

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
damn that is by far the worst vehicle fire i ever seen. glad everyone is safe abd hopin it all works out for ya insurance wise .

snper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't even tell that was a dodge except for the wheels

OP
OP
I

illadvised

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like stuff is in motion, not moving as fast as i would like. My insurance is moving along but seems to have slowed down now. I figured dodge would be more eager to handle this. Its a waiting game for an investigation to be done at this point. Hopefully monday i hear something and everything goes smooth... I would hate to have to sue somebody here or start getting loud on the internet about it. I do have about 90% of the situation on video. A guy in the truck started recording on his phone as soon as the smoke was in the cab.

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ouch... That's not gonna buff out. I hope you get to the bottom of what happened and glad no one was hurt.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
On a side note, if you have never seen a vehicle fire up close and personal, it is quite something to behold. It's mind blowing how fast it spreads, and even more unbelievable how hot it burns. I would suggest that once you suspect even the possibility of fire in any vehicle you're in, get out immediately.
Again, I'm glad everyone's ok. Best of luck with Dodge and your insurance company.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dare I ask who you are insured with? They should step up, pay that truck off, and then duke it out with Ram.