Tolson is back!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As some of you may know I totaled my truck a few months back... Bought a 2010 impala for a daily commuter.. But today I just recently purchased a 1995 ram 1500 reg cab long bed with the 360..

It's not in amazing condition by any means. But only 129k miles. Needs a alignment bad cause everytime you hit the brakes it pushes you to the left or right bad like scary bad. Otherwise going straight down the road the wheel is half way towards the right haha.

But I look forward to learning and fixing this truck up some to keep her going. Any things to look for with this generation? Things I should do right away no matter what? It also has a 3inch lift installed.

Thanks and glad to be back on the ram forum!b1be75fc20bb662a65292cd182a3fb81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also I need tires.. Stock size now is like 265/75/16 I believe ? With that 3 inch lift in already what's a good size to go ? Maybe just up to 285s?

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think 285s are a good sized tire for these trucks just my oppinion though. Might want to determine whether or not your plenum gasket is leaking. Theres a read up in the engine + performance section. The best way to tell i think would be to check for other vacuum leaks and see what rpm you're idling at when i fixed my plenum gasket i went from 900 rpm to about 700 at idle but ive got a 5.2 so it might be lower or higher you never know... Looks like your truck has about as much cancer as mine haha gotta hate that crap. I love that visor though! Also id get new wheels with your tires, i dont like those much.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was thinking 285s and the visor is nice looks good. Yea the rims will go if I find a decent set for cheap ..

Didn't know these engines have a carburetor ? Thought they'd be fuel injected by 95'

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You may want to make sure both front brake calipers are working correctly and not just the one if its pulling as hard as you say, meaning it could be more than alignment issues.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
There is lots of info about known problems with these trucks here on Rf. Make sure you read the stickies here. Comp test is your first job start with jug #8 before u buy anything for your truck.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Yeah I was thinking 285s and the visor is nice looks good. Yea the rims will go if I find a decent set for cheap ..

Didn't know these engines have a carburetor ? Thought they'd be fuel injected by 95'

They are fi...

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a expert sorry...

But why compression test first?

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay well I'll have to look into that. Also can anyone recommend any good exhaust options ? Currently has manifolds then down to a glasspack I believe and nothing after that lol. So ends underneath the cab and sounds like junk...

Also with a three inch body lift what's the biggest tire size this truck will take? 35s?

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay well I'll have to look into that. Also can anyone recommend any good exhaust options ? Currently has manifolds then down to a glasspack I believe and nothing after that lol. So ends underneath the cab and sounds like junk...

Also with a three inch body lift what's the biggest tire size this truck will take? 35s?

I belive these trucks will take a 285 stock if that helps at all.