BACK UP CAM FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't know why I'm posting this. Kinda hoping stellantis or whoever will see enoulgh complaints and do something? Ha ha.
As most of you, my back up cam does not work more times than not. Did not care much till I injured my neck, and now I wish I had it more than ever to assist me. Paid enoulgh for it. What a shame.
I'm sure the ceo's back up cam's all work or are quickly fixed.
We should start an online petition. Anybody know how?? I don't.
Before y'all start replying with the usual quick fixes or did you try this, yes I did. But, I'm to old to keep playing with it, and to broke to keep going back to the clueless dealer.
Besides, they built it, they should own up to it!!
BACK UP THE TALK STELLANTIS!

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When you say it doesn't work. Do you mean the screen is black but it's on? Or doesn't work at all?
There is recall/bulletin for the 2022/2023 for the UC5 which camera goes black.

It happens on my 21 Rebel often. Camera is working, but screen is black. Software issue, no fix for it.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the harness connector at the tailgate (the one in the bottom center used to remove the tailgate from the bed harness..). My camera would flake out spontaneously. I cleaned that connection and it hasn't happened again / since.

HemiDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine did the same thing last fall. What I found was the little clip that secures the harness to the bottom of the tailgate had broken, and the harness had fallen down and was getting pinched every time I lowered and raised the tailgate.

I removed the tailgate and placed on sawhorses. I found a small cable saddle, and mounted it to the bottom of the tailgate, and then secured the harness to it with a nylon zip tie. Reinstalled the tailgate and so far, it's working fine.

Good luck!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Did the dealership remove the tailgate ?

Then remove the pigtail that stretches between the camera itself & the connection located behind the license plate ? Is there power at the license plate connection ?

Does the Electronic Tailgate latch work as designed ?