tonneau covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my cover installed today....:smoke2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 53

dmclone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm struggling between an regular Access cover and a BakFlip F1. I'm not so worried about the price. I was all set to get a Bakflip and I went to two truck places in town and they both recommended the Access for long term durability. They both sold the Bakflip product and had demo's. I then watched a youtube of someone complaining about the fit of the BakFlip.

I have Line-X
90% of the time the bed will be empty
I'm not real concerned about safety

What to do?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Tprice: Nice looking cover.

Dmclone: I can buy a new Tonneau Pro every three years for nine years and still pay less than the bak-flip. :licklips:

Last edited:

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Tprice: Nice looking cover.

Dmclone: I can buy a new Tonneau Pro every three years for nine years and still pay less than the bak-flip. :licklips:

I'm with you there. I love the Bakflip, but not the pricing.

Polaris Pro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my Bakflip F1. Pricing from one of our vendors was much cheaper than retail. They even price matched another deal that I had found. High quality, and love how it does not get hot in the sun (like others I have heard about). Not too mention you can stand on it without worrying. I understand they are more expensive, but wanted to let you know that they have great quality. Good luck on your decision.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Got the oem mopar... it is hard tri fold and can be open from the front and locks on both ends... :) Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

It's probably made by either Advance Cover or Fold-A-Cover.

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been researching this quite a bit over the last several weeks. I'd say if you have the extra money laying around, go for a Bakflip.

Otherwise the Tonno Pro looks like a good bargain. That's the route I'll probably be going.

I use to buy used vehicles and spend a ton on mods. This time I decided to take that mod money and put it towards getting a new truck instead. So needless to say, any mods I do get have to be relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
I'd buy an Undercover Flex over a Bakflip because:
1. It stands vertically instead of leaning against the truck.
2. It costs less.
3. It's made of FRP instead of aluminum (G2 and HD are aluminum).

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I've been researching this quite a bit over the last several weeks. I'd say if you have the extra money laying around, go for a Bakflip.

Otherwise the Tonno Pro looks like a good bargain. That's the route I'll probably be going.

I use to buy used vehicles and spend a ton on mods. This time I decided to take that mod money and put it towards getting a new truck instead. So needless to say, any mods I do get have to be relatively inexpensive.

I'll be going Tonno Pro myself. Can't beat the price. Tri-fold most likely.

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2. It costs less.

Wow, I just watched a youtube video comparing the 2 and I gotta say the Undercover Flex looks like a way better product than the Bakflip. I never liked how they fold up against the back of the cab.

I'll be going Tonno Pro myself. Can't beat the price. Tri-fold most likely.

That's the one I'm looking at. It might be another month or so depending on how things go, but I'll post pics when I get it.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
2. It costs less.

I bought the undercover flex and I am very happy with it. The fact that it doesn't rest on the cab and the 3 year warranty is what swayed me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
tprice9427

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was trying to figure that out. I will look up both brands. But it is well built. Glad I change my order from a vinyl cover to hard. Paid more of course but will last longer and it would be more functionable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
This might help with your decision. By the way, I do not work for or have a financial interest in either Bak or Undercover.

Here are pictures of the hinge area of a Bakflip and Flex, you can decide which one looks nicer.

Bakflip
Bakf2.jpg

Flex
Flex1.jpg

The thickness of the horizontal seals of the Bakflip and Flex are exactly the same thickness (I measured with caliper). However, the Flex has two vertical pieces of rubber between the panels which the Bakflip does not have.

Bakflip
BF7_zpsf75808ba.jpg

Flex
Flex7_zps2d964583.jpg

Polaris Pro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might help with your decision. By the way, I do not work for or have a financial interest in either Bak or Undercover.

Here are pictures of the hinge area of a Bakflip and Flex, you can decide which one looks nicer.

Bakflip
Bakf2.jpg

Flex
Flex1.jpg

The thickness of the horizontal seals of the Bakflip and Flex are exactly the same thickness (I measured with caliper). However, the Flex has two vertical pieces of rubber between the panels which the Bakflip does not have.

Bakflip
BF7_zpsf75808ba.jpg

Flex
Flex7_zps2d964583.jpg

Maybe you should show pics of the nicer Bakflips. My F1 hinges look nicer than that and more heavy duty.

OP
OP
tprice9427

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You are right..I looked it up and it is the LS Series Fold-a-Cover. i enjoy it very much. I am glad i change my order from the soft cover to a hard cover.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Maybe you should show pics of the nicer Bakflips. My F1 hinges look nicer than that and more heavy duty.

It's a G2, I don't have pics of an F1. Can you post some pics?