Torn on what to do...help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently drive a sedan so this would be my first truck. I don’t really tow anything, but I think the truck would come in handy as a family vehicle too. I love the space. Ditch the sedan for the truck? Will I get enough use out of it? I scored a great deal at my local dealer on a 2018 V6 big horn black appearance group with the heated wheel/seats. $299 down payment for $299 a month out the door. Ahh what to do?! Thanks!

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I currently drive a sedan so this would be my first truck. I don’t really tow anything, but I think the truck would come in handy as a family vehicle too. I love the space. Ditch the sedan for the truck? Will I get enough use out of it? I scored a great deal at my local dealer on a 2018 V6 big horn black appearance group with the heated wheel/seats. $299 down payment for $299 a month out the door. Ahh what to do?! Thanks!
I have the HEMI Bighorn...if you're not going to tow much, that's a great deal. Go for it!!

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Many Americans today are using their trucks as a sedan or minivan, but with the added bonus of having a bed. If you are not towing or hauling get the Pentastar V6. You will love the truck.

Try to find one with an LSD (limited slip differential) for improved traction in rain, snow, mud, and gravel.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a good deal. The ram boxes are a great feature for added secure storage.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
A truck is more comfortable than any car I have been in the ride is great on these rams and the seats are great. 2013+ with the electric steering drives live a car other than turning radius. If your not planing on using the bed much invest in a good bed cover you'll never look back. Short of fuel mileage and parking there's nothing better about a sedan.

Bert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get it! Just traded in my 300 for a ram big horn quad cab since I saved $60 a month switching

Trucks are awesome

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That sounds like an awesome deal. I use my 2500 megacab for every thing, grocery shopping , family day trips, errands, road trips. My wife prefers my truck over her 2015 murano, more room, safer, more comfortable is what she says. She also said a truck is impractical.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yup sounds like a lease to me also. Still sounds like a decent lease for 299 per month and only 299 down which would be the first payment.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I traded in my 03 Ram QC for my Crew. Our other cars just weren’t cutting it as far as space (two car seats) and loading up for a Costco trip. I stopped into the dealer just to look at the size of the back seat and was sold. I always loved the idea of having a roomy back seat for the kids and being able to throw a cover on the bed and throw whatever in the bed. No minivan for me!
But that sounds like a pretty good deal, for me I’d go with the Hemi, but the v6 is a good option too.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could NEVER drive a car again from a truck. The way you see over cars and can react better to traffic, just alone by seeing over everyone is safer. PLus your are safer in a truck.

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I could NEVER drive a car again from a truck. The way you see over cars and can react better to traffic, just alone by seeing over everyone is safer. PLus your are safer in a truck.
I agree. I drive the wife’s Civic every once in a while and man is it weird. I could never go back

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it a Quad or crew cab? I can tell you that I enjoy taking my crew cab on road trips with family because the back seat passengers can stretch out and relax. And it really takes care of business when picking up mulch and garden materials for the wife. After having a crew on my last truck I can't even think about ever driving anything else.

tempotantrum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just keep in mind that trucks require more patience when parking and you can’t see over the hood as well (it’s easier to take out shopping carts until you get used to it - Trust me on that). If find that I prefer to back into spots to make getting out easier. I notice many truck drivers do the same. The feeling of sitting up higher with a solid platform under you is awesome though.

OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the replies. It’s a crew cab and the price is a 3 year 36 month lease. $299 due at signing and $299 a month. Sticker price is $46,620 discounted to $34,900 with all discounts and my employee pricing.