Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tow package on my 08 included tip up mirrors, class IV hitch, trailer brake wiring (blue plug under the dash) and trans oil cooler

Last edited:

bwhay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I picked up my 2014 1500 SLT it had no brake controller in it and I had specifically said that I wanted the best tow package available when I ordered it. I was told I didn't need it, the brakes work fine without it.

That may work fine for most people but for myself if I'm maxed out towing through the mountains in the winter, I want control.

I had to give them some grief to get one installed without paying an extra $400 for it. To me that seemed really misleading....A tow package that does not include a trailer brake controller, seriously?

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I picked up my 2014 1500 SLT it had no brake controller in it and I had specifically said that I wanted the best tow package available when I ordered it. I was told I didn't need it, the brakes work fine without it.

That may work fine for most people but for myself if I'm maxed out towing through the mountains in the winter, I want control.

I had to give them some grief to get one installed without paying an extra $400 for it. To me that seemed really misleading....A tow package that does not include a trailer brake controller, seriously?

That was just your ******** sales person, my buddy ordered a 2014 and had no problem getting the brake controller...

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what exactly is the tow package? I looked at ownermopar dot com and it says Ive got the class 4 hitch and also plugs, plus heavy duty engine and tranny cooler. Doesnt all the Rams have the last two coolers?

I am thinking perhaps the tow pack is all the above plus 3.92 diff.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
So what exactly is the tow package? I looked at ownermopar dot com and it says Ive got the class 4 hitch and also plugs, plus heavy duty engine and tranny cooler. Doesnt all the Rams have the last two coolers?

I am thinking perhaps the tow pack is all the above plus 3.92 diff.

Doubtful. My '14 Tradesman had the "tow package", but it was just the hitch and the aforementioned coolers, about which I think you're right: they come standard anyway.

Mine had the Pentastar and 3.21s, no limited-slip. 3.92s were an option, as were trailer brake controls (by themselves), or trailer brake controls and tow mirrors as a package. Looks like the '15s are the same...no idea about '16s yet.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

Glad I read through this. I have all the pieces except the brake controller. I was really curious about the way my truck was setup when I bought it. It has the protection package, heavy duty cooling, listed heavy duty shocks, class iV hitch and 4 and 7 pin trailer jacks. The tranny cooler is huge and the highest temp I have seen was 180 with 1500+ lbs of wood in the back that went on a 60 mile mixed driving delivery trip.
I do like my RAM!
have a great day,

preachp