TPMS Reading off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, 2016 Ram 3500 dually, mt RF tire pressure is not reading correctly.
It is reading high.
I have 80 psi in both fronts but the one shows 89 psi on my display. I have verified the 80 psi with 2 different gauges.
Any idea what us going on?
If a reset is needed, how to do that?
Thanks.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The sensors on my 2014 1500 are either dead-on or at least within a couple PSI. But I'm also curious to see if there is a reset or calibration an owner can perform. If all sensors are off by the same amount it's hard to fault the sensors. One, yes. Not all.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'd bet on a bad sensor. They usually only last around 10 years and (assuming original) yours are seven so getting somewhat up there in age. The ones on our family wagon (2008 Honda Odyssey) started flickering and the error message when cold in the winter and then finally stayed on after about 12 years. Next time I get tires I'll have them them replaced @ +/- $50/ea IIRC.

OP's issue is somewhat different in that it's a false reading rather than age but I still think it's just a faulty sensor.