Traction control light, no ABS code? Service Electronic Braking System.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My traction control light came on after some recall work. I pulled a C006A code. It says if they installed a dynamic sensor(which they did) a passenger restraint module, the ABS system may not recognize the new one and may need to be learned or taught. Has anyone had this and did an ABS initialization themselves. I know I can do it with alphaobd I just dont wanna screw anything up.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Trip check is 50 miles for the average learning and relearning of codes that have been stored as memory.
Most instances codes that are soft CEL have been stored and only notifications are seen after several errors have been recorded
when these codes are erased they may not completely expire until a specified distance without experiencing the code is achieved typically this is anywhere between 50 to 100 miles.

Idaho Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Just did a brake job and passenger front wheel bearing replacement, I now have an ABS fault and traction control light. code reset and once driving it comes back on. did a live diagnostic while driving and all four speed sensors are working, any suggestions, will it relearn after 50 t0 100 Miles??

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Just did a brake job and passenger front wheel bearing replacement, I now have an ABS fault and traction control light. code reset and once driving it comes back on. did a live diagnostic while driving and all four speed sensors are working, any suggestions, will it relearn after 50 t0 100 Miles??
Check the sensor in question ‘s wire for electrical resistance against other front wheel ,
The sensors themselves are magnetic if anything interferes with or disrupts the current is what to look for. Sometimes just cleaning the sensor and hub is all it takes, or you may need to adjust the bearing on the opposite wheel in extreme instances replace the opposite wheels bearing with same brand.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What specific code was set? When you say all sensors were "working", what exactly did you look at? Did you drive it and verify all 4 sensors were reading the same? Or just put it on jackstands and see the reading changed when spinning them by hand?