Traction Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc1982443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn cc
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

im new to this site as well as Ram trucks. i have had my truck for a lil over a month now. I am wondering if anyone else has issues with clicking grinding sound when traction control is off? i noticed it a few times when wanting to play in the snow. Can someone please shed some light on how this system works.

Thank you in advance
Marc

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
The only problem I have is the POS ABS brakes the government mandated a few years back. I've disabled them on several Jeeps I've owned. Nothing like trying to hold your place, facing down, on a big boulder and the ABS kicks in.

Take a look at your owners manual. There is a good explanation of how the traction control systems works

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I don't think it disables it completely but I may be wrong. I do prefer vehicles that disable it completely like my G8. When it's off, let the hooligan come out.

As for ABS, I wouldn't own a street vehicle without them. Off road is a totally different animal.

Chris

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know exactly what your talking about and drove me NUTS so my solution was, i pulled the ABS FUSE and now i have ZERO traction control and never had a issue with breaking... i love it like this.. :D

OP
OP
Marc1982443

Marc1982443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn cc
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i know exactly what your talking about and drove me NUTS so my solution was, i pulled the ABS FUSE and now i have ZERO traction control and never had a issue with breaking... i love it like this.. :D

doesnt the light on the dash bug you though? lol

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope i much rather see a couple lights then have that stupid TC kick on even when you shut it off.. I find it dangerous when I get the truck a sideways then it turns on when you totally not expecting it and aims you where you dont wanna go lol

justrawbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it actualy is in partial off mode when u press the button to turn it off. and don't forget guys there is tcs as well as esc (electronic stability control). my question to ramtruck4life is, are your tail lights working? i heard on another forum that they dodge put them on the same fuse so it couldn't be taken out easily.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I did the same thing on mine, and my tail lights are still working. Score one for the home team lol.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
ESC has saved my ass too many times on the highway to remove it. ABS as well...

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
ESC, and ABS have never saved my ass, and ESC has caused me a fair bit of grief. Then again, I tend to drive pretty cautiously.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I like ABS a lot I can't see living here and not having it anymore. I have had vehicles both ways and no comparison. I do feel there should be an off road button that takes it off so you don't get stuck because it tried to traction control you out of the snow or mud.

$miley

Djeazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Wire in a switch that breaks the fuse so you can turn it on and off on the fly...

Fun when you want and safe other times!

brightwhitesport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, every light on the dash comes on when you disable it, lol. When you turn the truck off it enables it again, so you have to do it everytime you want it off.

What year is your truck? Is it the bully dog gt? Doesn't say that on the website

brightwhitesport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is it worth the money? I'm not really impressed by the features on the bully dog website, seems like I can do most of that through the evic.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it worth the money? I'm not really impressed by the features on the bully dog website, seems like I can do most of that through the evic.

I think it was for the strong canned tunes. I don't have the EVIC so all that extra stuff was nice for me.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I don't mind the loss of ABS as the Formula car I drive doesn't have it, so it is just normal lol.

Also, I hate not being able to stop when one or two wheels is on something slippery, but the other ones are fine. My general experience is that if you are cornering on something slippery, even if you do have ABS, punching the brakes will still send you careening sideways. Better to just pay attention, and control it yourself, one less element to introduce unpredictable variation into your driving.