Trailer Break Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wish I could have found $84 for the update/flash. Since just about every Ram dealer in the area within driving distance, all 5, quoted me the $130 price, I assume that's just my area's jacked up service rate. Seems everything automotive around here is more than other regions of the U.S. it almost evens out though, I got the mopar brake kit for cheaper than what everyone on this forum seems to have paid. Either way, I now have brakes!

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like unnecessary fear mongering by that dealer's service department. However, if this is by their past experience, I would question their technical abilities, and begin looking for a different dealership.

just stopped by my local dealer. they want $130 for the computer flash. Plus they say about a 4 hour job?!!! and worst of all, the disclaimer, if something happens during that 4 hrs, the entire computer will need to be replaced and we'll have your truck for days while we wait for the new computer to come in. Atleast they were thorough about the warnings.

I might check a few other dealers to see if I can atleast save a few more bucks and may be get a few other quotes on the time.

cotraveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar Part #82213474

Does anyone know if the factory Integrated Brake Controller is a proportional controller or a time-delayed controller? Dealers and service departments I've contacted aren't sure.

Thanks.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Does anyone know if the factory Integrated Brake Controller is a proportional controller or a time-delayed controller? Dealers and service departments I've contacted aren't sure.

Thanks.

Got this off a Mopar parts site....

This Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module from Mopar allows you to automatically or manually activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers for greater stopping power on downhill grade or heavy loads. The controller and status display are mounted in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel for easy access, and the included control leaver can activate the trailer brakes independent of the truck's brakes. Each controller has the ability to customize the amount of brake force the trailer uses, depending on load requirements.

Automatic or manual trailer brake control
Proportional brake force adjustment for various loads
OEM quality fit

The Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module is designed by Mopar to provide an exact fit, streamline appearance and functionality, along with the assurance that you have an OEM product installed. Ensure you Dodge Ram is prepared for the next time you need to tow a trailer equipped with electronic trailer brakes with this Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module from Mopar OEM.

cotraveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got this off a Mopar parts site....

This Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module from Mopar allows you to automatically or manually activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers for greater stopping power on downhill grade or heavy loads. The controller and status display are mounted in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel for easy access, and the included control leaver can activate the trailer brakes independent of the truck's brakes. Each controller has the ability to customize the amount of brake force the trailer uses, depending on load requirements.

Automatic or manual trailer brake control
Proportional brake force adjustment for various loads
OEM quality fit

The Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module is designed by Mopar to provide an exact fit, streamline appearance and functionality, along with the assurance that you have an OEM product installed. Ensure you Dodge Ram is prepared for the next time you need to tow a trailer equipped with electronic trailer brakes with this Integrated Trailer Brake Control Module from Mopar OEM.

The description reads like a time-delay controller. A factory installed controller does look nice however and doesn't have the added cost of the flash update.

Thanks!

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The description reads like a time-delay controller. A factory installed controller does look nice however and doesn't have the added cost of the flash update.

Thanks!
Had the factory brake control installed at our local dealer on a 2013 ram. Total cost for installation, control and flash was $230.00. You might get a price from your dealer on the complete job.