Trailer lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I bought a 2015 2500 Laramie with a Cummins. Using the trailer 7 pin plug the right turn signal and right brake light won't work. I checked power at the 7 pin and no power. I checked the fuse I believe it was 81 and it was good but no power to the fuse block where the mini fuse plugs in. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Thanks

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought a 2015 2500 Laramie with a Cummins. Using the trailer 7 pin plug the right turn signal and right brake light won't work. I checked power at the 7 pin and no power. I checked the fuse I believe it was 81 and it was good but no power to the fuse block where the mini fuse plugs in. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Thanks
The fuse is good, but there is no power to the hole it plugs into? If so, you have a power problem coming into your fuse box, not at the back where the 7-pin is.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fuse is good, but there is no power to the hole it plugs into? If so, you have a power problem coming into your fuse box, not at the back where the 7-pin is.
Gonna have to look under the TIPM where the fuse is for the Trailer Brake/Turn Signal connection. Make sure U R checking the proper fuse, on MY 19 1500, it takes a 20 amp blue cartridge fuse. If still no power to the correct fuse, than U have IMHO a connection problem under the TIPM at that fuse location.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I checked the fuse I believe it was 81 and it was good but no power to the fuse block where the mini fuse plugs in. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?
There is actually separate fuses for each of the pins that provide power for the 7-pin. You need to check power at the fuse with that lighting circuit on.
The fuse listing and wiring is for a 1500 but I think works for the HD trucks also

F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
F87 ATR 10 amp ITBM module

Attachments

• TRAILER-TOW-SYSTEM.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 8

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine did the same thing, I just ran a jumper wire from the blinker on the truck to the 7 pin.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Mine did the same thing, I just ran a jumper wire from the blinker on the truck to the 7 pin.
That's actually dangerous, as it can back-feed without a diode and cause undesired functionality.

In OP's case, it also likely will only solve the blinker issue, NOT the brake light issue.

It needs to be fixed correctly for safety.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Using AlfaOBD, check to make sure the right are activated.

Under "Car Configuration" then
Under "CBC Config I/O":
Connector E Pin 24: Trailer Tail Lamp Relay Control Output Present: Yes
Connector F Pin 36: Trailer Turn Stop Relay Control Left Output Present: Yes
Connector E Pin 22: Trailer Turn Stop Relay Control Right Output Present: Yes

Problem may also be in the TIPM itself