tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi-ram2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Laramie hemi CrewCab
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all, I had lots of Rams a while ago.My 2018 Ram is 8spd. i like the way the trans. downshifts,coming from a Chevy silverado back to Ram,and should have just stayed Ram. With my new Carven the trans. downshifts sounds great and i can feel them more with probably less backpressure.
These Rams are great in the Trans. area compaired to Chevy,the Ram runs/drives/shifts great(the others would have to be in tow/haul mode to compair to Ram in normal mode. Thank You

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Have you driven and compared the GM 10 speed?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta love a solid tranny underneath ya

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not what I thought this thread was going to be. :(
What were you hoping this thread was about? Perhaps a member could direct you to the right forum. Or perhaps at this point we should start a thread to get it out of our system in the "members" area.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am curious about the GM 10 speed, especially now that GMC seems to be the affordable choice now.

OP
OP
H

hemi-ram2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Laramie hemi CrewCab
Engine
5.7 hemi
No,have not drove a Gm 10 spd. but just know my new 2018 Ram is way better that i thought it would be,and better than my 2012 silverado.The gm's would not downshift like the Ram does(Ram better) slowing down in the silverado was high gear until almost a stop then it would lurch forward before stop. This was a common complaint with Gm's,all the same.
I am just saying that the Rams are way better,would not go back to gm after owing so many Dodge/Rams.The only reason i went to gm in 2012 was i ran a fleet of trucks as a mech. and the gm's would never die,lots of highway miles.But back to Ram and staying here.Thank You

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tranny's have a "members area" depending how far they're through the 'process.'

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I liked the look of the GM's more when I was truck shopping. Test drove one and the drivetrain sucked, mainly the clunky transmission. Also wasn't fond of the tech... So I stayed with Dodge. Glad I did.