Transmission in Safe Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVORider59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Cummins
My 2012 2500 HD 4x4 with 6.7 cummins seems to have entered into SafeMode. The transmission starts a full slippage in fourth gear, then continues slippage in all lower gears until the truck slows enough to manually shift into first or second gear. Drove the truck home in third gear, 8 miles. The motor and transmission temps were all in the normal range, engine 197, tranny 152. The truck has had all deletes done for over 8 years and no problems. This has occurred totally without warning, no drops in performance or any other signs. I use the truck primarily as a weekend/recreational vehicle, trips to the lumber yard and towing a Toy Hauler to motorcycle rallies. Total millage is just over 90,000 miles. The only issue ever with the truck was worn front spindle bearings, replaced the entire spindle assembly on both sides. Some that i have visited with feel the problem is with the valve body in the transmission and recommend a complete service and maybe the valve assembly upgrade. Bike rally season has started and I really need this fixed.
Anyone experience the same?
Remedies?