Transmission issues in 2010 1500 slt 4.7??::

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Greetings my fellow brother and sisters so I got this 2010 Dodge Ram SLT quad cab with the 4.7 liter engine when I purchased it it had 90K miles on it great previous owner took great care of it but now I'm starting to wonder about the transmission.

The transmission runs normal temperatures but, I feel like its missing a bit. I'm not sure if it's me or the actual transmission. I'm not used to this eco gas saving type of setup. I'm used to driving my 5.7 charger which has a custom tune and has performance mods galore.

Is it normal for the 4.7 to be sluggish? I'm not trying to make this into a high performance muscle car just thought I would ask first. The truck does have the 93 tune via SC throttle spacer and KnN cai. Even when I am using auto stick it seems I dont know, like the tranny is struggling.

I also should add that even though the truck feel sluggish sometimes I look at the odometer and I'm up to 75 or 80 miles per hour so that's kind of puzzles me too. Maybe it is the ECo Boost or whatever.

Any insight you all can offer would be great. Just hope it is me and not a transmission issue.

Thx

Dana

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also should add that even though the truck feel sluggish sometimes I look at the odometer and I'm up to 7580 miles per hour so that's kind of puzzle into.

Thx

Dana

:jawdrop: Huh????

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so whats the issue? the 4.7 is going to feel very sluggish compared to a hemi, especially with the added weight of the truck. what eco gas saving setup are you referring to? what makes you question the transmission?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you have a tow/haul button? Even with the Hemi I only drive in TH because my tranny is sluggish. It is great up to 65mph and higher. Also, sometimes a fluid change works wonders as well.

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
so whats the issue? the 4.7 is going to feel very sluggish compared to a hemi, especially with the added weight of the truck. what eco gas saving setup are you referring to? what makes you question the transmission?

Yeah, I guess it is just a little weird feeling. I meant the Flex Fuel system, not sure if that impacts acceleration of not. I think you pretty much answered my question. This is a heavy vehicle. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport too with 4wd and the 4.0 SOHC V6 and that thing is peepy. No mods on that other than a K&N drop in and amsoil 5w30 Synth

Thx!

D a n a

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Do you have a tow/haul button? Even with the Hemi I only drive in TH because my tranny is sluggish. It is great up to 65mph and higher. Also, sometimes a fluid change works wonders as well.

I do have that button, I'll have to look to see if it is engaged, hope not. I do have to say the gas mileage is great so not complaining too much.

Thx!

D a n a

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I think the previous owner was running E85. I filled it up with 93 because of the tune he said it has. I have yet to plug in the super chips it came with. Heck, maybe he took it back to stock and forgot to tell me.

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
thanks for all the replies. Wanted to inform those who tried to help me with this thread . Well I pulled the damn floor mat from behind the gas pedal. Looked at the superchip tune that the previous owner put in. He had gas saving 85 tune setup. Returned her to stock for a few days then put in the CAI Perf 93 tune and cleaned the K/N CAI filter. (was clean but just wanted it to my standards.)

While she aint my charger 5.7 she speeds around pretty well for such a large vehicle with a 4.7L

Im happy :)

Thx again!

D a n a

Lauren Weers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I was having this problem with my 2010 Dodge Ram 4.7L. Do you also notice a delay when pressing on the gas pedal? I highly suggest getting a pedal commander which is an electronic throttle controller. This took the delay in my pedal away and made my truck ALOT faster.