Treadwright tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bender02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
has anyone run any of the treadwright tires? If so what did you run and how did you like them? Kicking the idea around of getting a set.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve ran them before,
I ran Two sets.. first I ran a 285 65 18? I don’t remember, it was a 33” in the guard dog “ Looks like the Mtr tire” then I switched to a 35 in the same tread and gave my brother the 33”s. I ran them on a 02 Chevy Silverado 1500 and he put them on his 04 F250. I’ve never had a tire that hooked better in any condition.Sand/Snow/mud/rock/ - They flat out just perform. The Kedge grip is cool, but it’s overkill unless you are on ice 6 Mo the of the year. I ran them in extreme weather “ -2* F to 125* F . My brother still runs them on his truck and just put a set on his wife’s Durango, they are happy with them.

LKWJeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ratket how loud are they? I have a buddy with the guard dogs and you can hear him coming from a mile away. He also had a tire that wouldn’t balance so treadwright sent him another one no questions asked. He uses the unbalanced tire as a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bender02

Bender02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
I’ve ran them before,
I ran Two sets.. first I ran a 285 65 18? I don’t remember, it was a 33” in the guard dog “ Looks like the Mtr tire” then I switched to a 35 in the same tread and gave my brother the 33”s. I ran them on a 02 Chevy Silverado 1500 and he put them on his 04 F250. I’ve never had a tire that hooked better in any condition.Sand/Snow/mud/rock/ - They flat out just perform. The Kedge grip is cool, but it’s overkill unless you are on ice 6 Mo the of the year. I ran them in extreme weather “ -2* F to 125* F . My brother still runs them on his truck and just put a set on his wife’s Durango, they are happy with them.
That makes me feel better. I was nervous about getting a set and the tire shop not being able to balance any of them. I have read a couple horror stories but everyone says they are great to work with. I’m looking at a set of 35/12.50R20 in the claw 2. Not worried about road noise when I know I’m putting on a mud tire lol

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tire shop either has to Road force balance them or balance them in “ Static mode” the tires actually hold up really well, I was supprised how long the 33”s I traded my brother lasted him. They are loud, But man oh man do they hook.

I don’t have a vehicle with them on anymore, they are excessively loud, No louder than most Mt”s. I know when I orderd my 33”s this was before they started doing the Bead to bead, and I requested all TOYO carcass and for some reason they sent me two tires pre drilled for studs. But $590for 5 shipped to my door I didn’t care lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am going to get them next round. The pricing is unreal.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After the horror stories i have heard about treadright tires falling apart, I would steer clear. This explains why they have trouble balancing. Stick with a brand name tire. You get what you pay for.

IMG_2561.PNG

IMG_2562.PNG

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There not retreads anymore- Haven’t been for at least 3-4 years now. They do their own Bead to bead.

I would recommend going are their website and reading the “News section” lots of good info in there. On a side note retreads/recaps are not a bad tire.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There not retreads anymore- Haven’t been for at least 3-4 years now. They do their own Bead to bead.

I would recommend going are their website and reading the “News section” lots of good info in there. On a side note retreads/recaps are not a bad tire.

Not after all of the pics and bad reviews i have seen. Sections of tire tread are literaly tearing off.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya, only tire I have ever had come apart on me personally was a firestone and the tread fully separated, destroyed the fender well. The above stated is just my opinion, that’s all. I know a guy that put them on his 1 ton dually dodge and had issues with his front end, no one could say if it was the tires or if it was the parts because the parts where under recall after all. 1/2 ton or under I can say I would run them all day long. 3/4ton or above.. I just don’t know, But hey semi trucks are rolling around on retreads... so who knows...