Trinity tuning on 2014 express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the more research I do on the trinity, the more tempted I am to sell it before I ever use it...first of all, is there anything I can do to avoid the issue where it basically locks the pcm when you try to load a tune? This seems to happen to quite a few people and I cant afford to not have a vehicle. Secondly, has there been a confirmed fix for the battery drain issue if I want to keep the tuner plugged in? If not, what time do I need to set the sleep timer to 0 seconds or 60? and do I have to exit to the main screen every time I shut the truck off for the night?

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I didn't have this issue at all with mine. I also don't keep it plugged in all the time either.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive had mine for over a year and havnt had any issues at all. And i swap tunes for long trips. Towing or ripping around town

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They say to set the sleep timer to 60s, but I don't think this is a fix so I just unplug the tuner if it's gonna be sitting any longer than a couple of days.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They say to set the sleep timer to 60s, but I don't think this is a fix so I just unplug the tuner if it's gonna be sitting any longer than a couple of days.

ive been reading where guys have brand new batteries die over night...you'd think for a 5-600$ piece of equipment that they could work that bug out...

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive been reading where guys have brand new batteries die over night...you'd think for a 5-600$ piece of equipment that they could work that bug out...

Yeah really though. I've had one battery **** the bed on me. Not quite overnight, but still. Thinking the tuner was the culprit anyway.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I've 0 issues in the year I've had my Trinity. I don't leave mine plugged in though

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone know what the fee is to unlock the trinity? ive heard anywhere from 130-180

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I kept mine plugged in for a year, I just replaced the battery but I'm afraid to plug it back in because I don't want this battery ruined. Mine did drain my battery, but slowly.